porthole oceanview fantasy empress deck

mandakate42

has anyone stayed in one of the porthole oceanview cabins on the empress deck..cabins E2 thru E10...are they a little larger than the others..they look like they extend into the hallway on deck plans

Haven't stayed in one of those yet - I have one of those booked on the Ecstasy next month - but I did stay in E34 on the Ecstasy in April, and took a walk by these cabins to check them out on the last day. I looked in briefly, and they didn't appear to look any bigger than the other cabins - the porthole was just really recessed from the wall, meaning the extra space on the deck plan appears to be taken up by the hull. I plan on taking plenty of pictures next month, if that helps any! It should be the same as the Fantasy.

I have stayed in E10. I know on paper it is suppose to be no larger than 185sqft but it felt bigger. I suppose because of the portholes, very open and airy. Great cabin and I would be very happy to book it again. I always try to book the porthole cabins if they are open, but they usually go very fast. I have stayed in 3 so far and booked a forth but was upgraded to a regular O/V.

I have stayed in E10. I know on paper it is suppose to be no larger than 185sqft but it felt bigger. I suppose because of the portholes, very open and airy. Great cabin and I would be very happy to book it again.

I am booked in E9. Did you hear any noise from the theatre?

Assuming these are the old 5As that are not inside categories (not outside categories), they are supposed to all be 185 s.f., but some have said some look a little larger than others... Hope so. I have one booked twice over.

I have one booked on the Inspiration on Nov 2....we'll see. Pics I have seen make it look like the window sills are huge and a great place to put stuff. We are in R29.

I have one booked on the Inspiration on Nov 2....we'll see. Pics I have seen make it look like the window sills are huge and a great place to put stuff. We are in R29.

I think I might have R28 booked, would have to go look. You can sit up in the windowsills if you are a little limber and can climb up there.

I was in R26 I think when they used to be 5As. Nicer than a inside Id say for the price. All the 4As are already sold out for my Jan 2010 Ecstasy.

I stayed in E4 on the Fantasy on my first cruise. Didn't seem like the cabin was any bigger. Lots of motion in the front of the ship. Bring your Dramamine.

It was nice and quiet for the most part - no noise from the deck above or hallway. However, lots of early morning noise from anchor & thrusters when docking.

Don't book it for the view though. You can't see much out the porthole. Dirty glass from the caked on salt spray.

I prefer an inside room in the center of the ship for the same price. We loved E88. Close to the bar & elevators.

We'll be in E3 on Saturday on the Fascination.... I'll post a review when I get back and I take a LOT of pics... I'll get you some!

Stef, I loved your Fascination review last year - looking forward to a new one from you!!!

We had U16 on Fascination and it seemed larger to us than the ov cabins we had on Fantasy. We liked the Upper Deck, found it very convenient. You can see our pictures here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569135278fwGhKm

Archived