Tea Time

Ok I have a confession,

I actually like something on Carnival that RCCL doesn't even have!

It's a formal tea time. I've been on a couple Carnival ships that have had a 3:30 tea time in a lounge with classical music and cakes/ scones. It is so nice just to sit and have a breather from the days activities. Royal Caribbean is such a nicer line, why don't they have something like this????

Just thought I'd put this out there.

Matt

Fantasy 1999

Explorer of the Seas 2000

Carnival Triumph 2001

Adventure of the Seas 2001

Carnival Spirit 2003

Carnival Glory 2003

Actually, RCCL does have that, at least it did in April on the Mariner. It is from 3:00 until 5:00 in the Windjammer. There are all sorts of small sandwiches,desserts, pizza, and other snacks and wait staff serves beverages to the tables--lemonade, iced tea, hot tea, and coffee. We thought it was a nice touch--even though we didn't really need to eat again, it was a relaxing place to have some iced tea, etc.

Carnival Afternoon Tea is lovely. They do it right! The ones I attended were in a quiet lounge area and waiters in white gloves came to each table with the box of teas for you to choose from. Then the petit fours and cookies. While a string quartet or piano was playing in the background. I went every day.

No ships I've been on since have even come close.

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

I, too, enjoyed the tea on Holland America. A very classy, elegant, relaxing respite from all the running around and activity. The "tea" in the Windjammer is really more of a "snack time." I always take a coffee break at 4 p.m, so coffee and cookies in the Windjammer are nice, but the pace can become quite frantic as is usually the case when "free" food is offered in a buffet and it can not be considered by any stretch of the imagination as "tea." I wish Royal Caribbean would offer formal tea at least on sea days.

Archived