Key West - Food

VABeach

Don't know about Cuban, but I've made it a personal mission to find the best conch fritters in the Caribbean

First place was a small resturant in Cayman that no longer exists due to getting bought out about a year ago. Big chunks of conch and the best dipping sauce ever. It was located where Casanova's is now (still a VERY good Italian place, but no fritters)

Battling for second is Crabby Dick's on Duval Street, and the Greenhouse - which is located on both St Thomas (downtown) and St Maarten.

Rackhams Wreck on the Reef is next.

You might want to also post your request on the Key West board. There are several people who are excellent resources for KW info.

We just got back from there and found a great rest. in Islamorada that was so good we ate there both on the way down and the way back up! Name escapes us but it was on the east side of the road about 2 miles before the sandal factory and in the same parking lot as the all you can eat seafood buffet. There is a small marina there as well as a small tour charter company. Sorry we can't remember the name. Prob. the best conch fritters we've had.

Again, try the KW boards and you will get great info there.

We too went on search for the best fritters..Thanks to a recommendation on these boards,we found some pretty tasty ones at a stand right near the aquarium..............they were so good,we had seconds!!

The absolutely best & most authentic Cuban food in Key West is at El Siboney, a restaurant in a residential area frequented by locals. The setting is not fancy, but the food is excellent & quite affordable. We have taken many trips to Key West & always have at least one meal there. The grouper is my very favorite!

I agree that the "little" stand by the aquarium is THE best in town for Fritters. And inexpensive also. Trust me we've been visiting Key West several times a year since 1980. Never leave there without some of those Conch Fritters, and a pair of flip flops from the Kino store. There is a resturant on Mallory square called El Mason De Pepe. Ahhh :rolleyes: Really great food don't know if I would call the all food "cuban" add a little Key West touch to the food. Its another family favorite!!

Trudy

Archived