What happens when.......

annf

I have a 4 night cruise planned leaving Oct 5th. It was supposed to be a trip for my mom to celebrate the end of her 1st round of chemo.....and at the time I booked it - her dr's all agreed it would be great. Now - she just got out of the hospital tonight after almost a week in ICU and the dr I spoke to today thinks she won't be able to go.

So - my question - I have cruise insurance, so medical issues are covered - but there was a price drop after final payment that resulted in a rather large on board credit. What happens to the on board credit? Will that be refunded if I cancel completely - or transferred to a new date if I just have to move the cruise out a couple of weeks?

Thanks in advance.

when did you get the OBC, that policy just started a week ago so you should have gotten a credit to the cc you booked with if it was before then.

The price drop was Monday and I called them then. The Dr's had been saying they didn't see why she couldn't still go......now today, they think she can't.

The price drop was Monday and I called them then. The Dr's had been saying they didn't see why she couldn't still go......now today, they think she can't.

I know they will refund any leftover OBC, so I would assume you would also get that but this is so new so really no one has too much experience with how it will work. Good luck and hope your mom recovers quickly. Hubby is a 9 year survivor!!!

Hang in there and wait to make the decision as late as possible. Last Sept 22nd I had back surgery, and was on a cruise Oct 9th! So wait if you can, it all might just work out for the best. It really helped me not think about "recovery" and just relax and have fun. "recovery" was well under way by the time I returned and started "thinking about it" after we returned.;)

By the way I had the surgery in Tampa at LSI

Hang in there and wait to make the decision as late as possible.

I figure I have until the 1st to decide - 2 days before they lock the passenger list. I'm still crossing my fingers and toes - but not holding my breath.........

Archived