CCL Liberty Aft wrap help! 7440, 7445, 8448 & 8455

Almost Packed

I currently have deposits on aft wraps # 7440 & 7445. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should have gone up one deck and taken the aft wraps on the Verandah #s 8448 & 8455.

I have read the cons about the Verandah deck with the noise from the deck chairs.

Here's what's important...a nice balcony for us so that we can enjoy our view and time on our balcony. We tend to spend a lot of time there. I am interested in seeing views from the back of the ship as well as the side. Pulling into port is always a highlight for us A nice cabin layout is good too...they look a little akward shaped. I have seen some pics of different layouts etc...but I'm not sure which ship...you know with the sister ships and all. My db and dsil will be traveling with us and have the other cabin...so we have both sides covered no matter which side we dock. But...which is the best cabin and balcony? Does the noise from deck chairs wake you up? is it awful? What about the cabin layout?

I've seen a few pics but honestly It was kind of difficult to tell where the "side" of the balcony started. I didn't see any "rear" views.

Thanks in advance.

We have been in 7440 and 7445 and absolutely loved both of them:D We always book a cat 11 on the Spirit class and we book 9A's on the Conquest class, because of their large balconies:)

We book the decks that have cabins both above and below, just in case of noise. We love, love, love the aft wrap cabins and if they are not available, we just book another date until they are available.:p

Ask any questions and we will be happy to answer what we can.

Happy sailings....

We have been in 7440 and 7445 and absolutely loved both of them:D We always book a cat 11 on the Spirit class and we book 9A's on the Conquest class, because of their large balconies:)

We book the decks that have cabins both above and below, just in case of noise. We love, love, love the aft wrap cabins and if they are not available, we just book another date until they are available.:p

Ask any questions and we will be happy to answer what we can.

Happy sailings....

woo hoo! you are just the person i was looking for.

i do have a question....specifically to the Liberty. Perhaps you know. from a few of the pics, different cabins i have seen, but "same" cabin layout...I noticed that there were 2 beds pushed together. On the Liberty, are there two beds pushed together or will it be a King size bed? I hate cracks lol.

also, i know it's a "wrap" but is there enough aft facing and side viewing?

does that make sense? i've heard some people say you really are not facing the aft. and the pics i have seen on here, i can't really tell.

any pics to share?

thanks in advance...so you think we should stick with the cabins we have booked? we are sandwiched between two cabins.

Hi Almost Packed!

We loved the Liberty which we took in January, 2008, out of Ft. Lauderdale:D:D

We were in the aft wrap 7445 which is a 9A catagory. This is a huge wrap balcony and there is about 5 feet on the side and about 18-20 feet aft. My DH and I are looking for our pictures right now, and I will post as soon as I find them;) We had the bed in a queen configuration, and it was very comfortable with no "middle line" hump. That is one reason we love the Carnival Comfort beds....great sleeping!!

I will post with the pics soon.

Hey Almost Packed!!

I found a site with better pictures than we took, so here it is:

Google:carnival conquest wrap aft cabin pictures

then go to the first post: carnival valor cabin 7445 pictures wrap around aft balcony...(by enderokc on Aug 23, 2007)

I know that they said they had some problems with things being thrown down on their balcony, but we did not experience any of that.....sometimes people can be very rude above you I guess.

Let me know if I can help further;) and BTW, we loved this cabin:D and we will be doing the Conquest in this cabin again next year with friends out of Galveston, TX :p

Rooms on carnival are very rare to have a true queen size bed. Majority of the cabins have two twins pushed together- you wont feel the bump in the middle.

Personally- i will take the empress deck cabins before the veranda deck- Not willing to take the chance on the noise from chair scrapping.

No matter which deck you pick you will have the walk to get to the stairs elevators anyways

We had 8448 for a 12 night med. cruise, and the wrap around balcony was absolutely fantastic. Did not hear any excess noise and it was nice to look down on other balconies.

However; the biggest negative was a terrible terrible vibration in the cabin on the nights that the engines were cranked up and the ship was going fast....There were probably 8 nights out of 12 that the vibration was so bad that it kept both my wife and I awake much of the night.:eek:

In spite of the great balcony and views, I would NOT book this cabin again.

ChubbyHubby

Hi All....

Perhaps we have been lucky or just heavy sleepers, but we have never experienced any problems with engine or thruster noise, anything that would have kept us awake anyway;)

Yes, we did hear and feel things when we were pulling into ports, but we usually were up and out on the balcony enjoying the new port views:D

Happy cruising....

i sure would love to see some pics exactly of the Liberty...I "get" the layout of the balcony from lots of other pics of others in the same class but it seems the cabins on the inside are layed out a bit different and are arranged differently. some of the beds seem different. maybe that's because they are made up for a king size and then others for 2 twins maybe?

...Let me know if I can help further;) and BTW, we loved this cabin:D and we will be doing the Conquest in this cabin again next year with friends out of Galveston, TX :p

When I are going on The Conquest? We have 7445 booked for September 2010 and would love to see plenty of photos of it, both inside and out. Can you put me on your E-Mail list and let me know when they are posted?

We also have Cabin 1058 booked for January 2010 so if anyone has photos of this please let me know?

we loved the conquest when we were on her...(our first cruise)

we had cabin 6450...that's when we peeked in to the cabin next to us before the people arrived...we checked out their balcony and said "WOW!" WE MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE SOMEDAYS.

the only part about the aft wraps on the upper deck...there really wasn't must "side" balcony at all...i don't think a chair would fit. i love to watch from our balcony pulling in and leaving port...so having room on our side balcony is important. that's why i was confused. some people have stated there is no side part.

so thanks to those who have clarified that. i don't have to have a huge side...just enough to watch. we'll post lots and lots of pics when we are done....april just cannot come soon enough!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have pics of 8455 on the Liberty and the Freedom in 8448! Just send an e-mail...

In the SUBJECT line say "9A photo/Freedom" or something similar.. :D

We have NEVER felt any excessive vibration, except for docking.. You may experience some, but not enough to avoid the aft cabins!

Some chair scrapping from above in 8448 and 8455, but loved the balcony/cabin! Deck 7 has less of a REAR/aft view...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived