Boston pier to Aquarium transportation?

alwayswantedtobekelli

We're coming into Boston on Sunday September 20th on the Triumph and have plans to meet my sister, who lives nearby, for the day. My question is, would it be easier for her to pick us up at the pier or for us to take some type of transportation to the aquarium to meet her? Is there public transportation from the pier or would we have to take a taxi and approximately how much would that be?

Thanks to anyone who could help here.

Where is your sister coming from? The Aquarium is in an awkward location for public transportation - you would have to take the Silver Line, Red Line, Orange or Green Line, and the Blue Line. Cab would be a better alternative ($15-$20???). If she can pick you up, it would probably be pretty easy and a lot cheaper. It's not a big distance for her to swing into South Boston to the pier.

Thanks for the responses. She is driving into the city, so I'm hoping she'll just come pick us up. I'm assuming the port has a pick-up and drop-off area that she can utilize and wouldn't be required to pay to park, just to pick us up. Does anyone know how that works in Boston?

Thanks for the responses. She is driving into the city, so I'm hoping she'll just come pick us up. I'm assuming the port has a pick-up and drop-off area that she can utilize and wouldn't be required to pay to park, just to pick us up. Does anyone know how that works in Boston?

Sundays are typically easier to navigate the port area (and the city as well). There is a cell-phone lot down by the Black Falcon Terminal, but if I were you, I'd have her wait on Dry Dock Avenue (near Dunkin Donuts) and you could call her on her cell phone to come pick you up.

Archived