Southern Carribean cruise

doodlesinkentucky

Hello all. We are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in early January with NCL. We are going to the following ports- Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, & St Kitts.

We have only been to Antigua so we are looking forward to different ports.:)

Now we are deciding on what to do at the ports. I believe January is a good time to whale watch. What port of those would you suggest to do a whale watching excursion?

What port is the best to dive?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions at all that would be great. We both love the water. My hubby dives but I do not. But, I would like for him to get one dive in.

Thanks all!;)

If you enjoy water activities, we have enjoyed the Silver Moon several times in Barbados. It is like spending the day on your own private yacht. They take a maximum of 12 on one of their catamarans and I think it is 24 on the other (we always try for the 12 passenger cat, it is a little higher in price, but well worth it). The price is similar to the catamaran tours that the ships offer, but without the crowding and much better attention to detail and the food and service are wonderful.

They do require a deposit, but that can be paid by credit card with a simple fax to them.

We have sailed with the Silver Moon three times now (or was it 4?). Yes, we tend to repeat the best of the best excursions many times over the years, and have always enjoyed this perfect day.

Here is a link to their website if you might be interested: http://silvermoonbarbados.com/

Great itinerary! You'll love it!

You should be just in time for whale watching at Samana. Unfortunately we were just a bit too early.

St. Kitts - we had a fantastic catamaran sail on the Eagle down to Nevis, then back to Cockleshell beach for lunch and swimming. Excellent crew. I think it was our best sail ever.

Antigua - this island was made for a beach day. Pick a beach and enjoy!

Tortola - there is very good shore snorkeling on the left side of Brewer's Bay. Spend the morning here, then a late lunch of fish 'n chips washed down with a Painkiller (:D) at Pusser's Pub in Roadtown.

Barbados - you should definitely get over to the East side of the island to visit the big waves at Bathsheba beach. But don't even think of renting a car here. You WILL get lost!!

• 1 month later...

in tortola consider taking the ferry over to Virgin Gorda - Great snorkling at the beach there. We took a cab around the island to get a feel for it...he dropped us at the beach and came back later to take us back to the ferry launch.

Archived