Catamaran trips in St. Thomas....

MamaParrotHead

There are a couple GREAT Catamaran trips in St. Thomas.

The Castaway Barefoot Sail and Snorkel is Awesome. There is another thread posted about this tour. You can read all about it on there. The boats name is the "Castaway Girl" and goes to Shipwreck Cove at Buck Island where you can snorkel with tons of fish and even see a real shipwreck

Another great one is called "St. John Half Day Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel" which is aboard the "Adventurer." This one is a little more up scale then the Castaway Girl and goes to Honeymoon Beach in St. John. Both are great excursions. Both excursions are sold onboard your ship.

You can look at these tours on http://www.CruiseShipExcursions.net

We went with Rumbaba. Wonderful.........can't say enough great things about them.

Did you have to drive to Red Hook to meet up with Rumbaba or were they located in Charlotte Amalie? Also, the sailboat looks small for 6 people. How many were in your group? Did you have to organize the group yourself?

I am deciding between Rumbaba and Treazzure. Treazzure is a little bigger sailboat that has more seating options.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Marilyn

Rumbaba is in Red Hook, so that does add to the cost. We had six in our group and that is the maximum they take. There was plenty of room on the boat, we spent all our time on deck or in the water. The food and drinks were phenomenal.

There are a couple GREAT Catamaran trips in St. Thomas.

The Castaway Barefoot Sail and Snorkel is Awesome. There is another thread posted about this tour. You can read all about it on there. The boats name is the "Castaway Girl" and goes to Shipwreck Cove at Buck Island where you can snorkel with tons of fish and even see a real shipwreck

Another great one is called "St. John Half Day Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel" which is aboard the "Adventurer." This one is a little more up scale then the Castaway Girl and goes to Honeymoon Beach in St. John. Both are great excursions. Both excursions are sold onboard your ship.

You can look at these tours on www.CruiseShipExcursions.net

Island Guy - do you know what pier the Adventurer sails from? We dock in Charlotte Amalie and are looking for a St. John excursion from that area. We don't want to ride to Red Hook to meet the boat. Thanks.

What is the approximate price pp on these catamaran day sails?

I too am curious as to how much these cost for a half day sail. I checked out both of their websites and I can't find any pricing. They look fantastic though!

Kim

I too am curious as to how much these cost for a half day sail. I checked out both of their websites and I can't find any pricing. They look fantastic though!

Kim

The tours with Cruise Ship Excursions are offered by RCCL and priced in their excusion packages. SailingVirginIslands, full day on the Treazzure is $150 p/p. Island Marketing, which offers a catamaran or a sailing yacht are $115 and $120 p/p for full day. Rumbaba has not yet confirmed a price to me but they offer a full day and a half day tour.

Cookmg40- If you want an excursion that goes to St. John on a sail boat then you will have no choice but to taxi over to the East End of St. Thomas. It is too far for a sail boat to go from the Cruise Pier to St. John with the given time constraints. However you can book the St. John Beach and Snorkel which goes to Trunk Bay and departs from the Pier. This is the only excursion that goes to St. John that departs directly from the cruise ship pier. Its a ferry transfer to St. John and then a safari ride to Trunk Bay.

To Answer your question the Adventurer departs from Benner Bay which is slightly closer than Redhook. I think it sells for around $65 pp which includes the safari bus transfer. For a half day excursion to St. John I don't think you can beat the price.

We (9 of us) went on Castaway Girl thru RCCl excursions and it was

the best one yet I had ever done. We were looking for a half day sail,

so this was perfect. Plenty of crew, and the catamaran was spotless. It was 4 hrs about $52 pp. We had to walk a little way down the street right to the catamaran. We sailed to Buck Island, where we snorkeled and saw a ton of fish and then we swam our way to the shipwreck with the guides.

At the end, they sold tee-shirts for $20, that were great, and have us

beer, soda and snacks. We really enjoyed this tour. I had looked at all

day but the 4 hr trip was perfect. I would go on this again!!

Archived