RC Visa-Bonus point discrepency--Help!!

darla723

I applied online for the card thru RC's site. The offer was "10,000 bonus points after your first transaction". Received the card today--accompanying letter states that we will receive "5,000 bonus Royal points after your first transaction. " Are bonus Royal points different from bonus points???

Spoke with a customer service rep and he stated that they are two different awards. He said that when I just activate the card, I will receive the 10,000 points, not make a purchase. I tried to tell him that when I received my card (this one's for hubby) it stated that I would receive 10,000 after first transaction. He said he was reading right from the promotion information he had, and it states as above--upon activation --no purchase yet--the 10,000 would apply.

Me: "I then assume I will receive 15,000 after first transaction???"

Him: "yes, it would appear so"

Me: "and I'll see these points on my first bill?"

Him: "yes"

Is this guy just trying to appease me, or has anyone experienced this?

I applied online for the card thru RC's site. The offer was "10,000 bonus points after your first transaction". Received the card today--accompanying letter states that we will receive "5,000 bonus Royal points after your first transaction. " Are bonus Royal points different from bonus points???

Spoke with a customer service rep and he stated that they are two different awards. He said that when I just activate the card, I will receive the 10,000 points, not make a purchase. I tried to tell him that when I received my card (this one's for hubby) it stated that I would receive 10,000 after first transaction. He said he was reading right from the promotion information he had, and it states as above--upon activation --no purchase yet--the 10,000 would apply.

Me: "I then assume I will receive 15,000 after first transaction???"

Him: "yes, it would appear so"

Me: "and I'll see these points on my first bill?"

Him: "yes"

Is this guy just trying to appease me, or has anyone experienced this?

There has been numerous discussions about this. It seems that after getting approved for your card you automatically receive the 5000 points. You will receive the additional 5000 points after your first transaction.

Sometimes it takes a couple of billing cycles to appear on your bill.

Hi Darla,

I’m in the same situation you are. I signed up for the VISA card 2 weeks ago on the RCCL website with the promise of 10,000 points. Last week, I received my card and welcome letter and it stated 5,000 points.

I call Bank of America as well as RCCL point’s redemption center and this is the story I got: Normally, you receive 5,000 points for signing up for the VISA card. However, they are running a special promotion where you will receive 10,000 points. But BOA sends out the standard form letter that promises only 5,000 points. They do not have a separate letter for the special promotion that is running. I’ve been assured that I will be receiving the 10,000 point upon my first transaction. The catch is that it may show up on my first bill (October) or my second bill (November) or it may be split between the two (5,000 in Oct, 5,000 in November).

Something tells me I will be making these phones calls again in November when I’m looking for my “missing” 5,000 points. :mad:

Hi Darla,

I’m in the same situation you are. I signed up for the VISA card 2 weeks ago on the RCCL website with the promise of 10,000 points. Last week, I received my card and welcome letter and it stated 5,000 points.

I call Bank of America as well as RCCL point’s redemption center and this is the story I got: Normally, you receive 5,000 points for signing up for the VISA card. However, they are running a special promotion where you will receive 10,000 points. But BOA sends out the standard form letter that promises only 5,000 points. They do not have a separate letter for the special promotion that is running. I’ve been assured that I will be receiving the 10,000 point upon my first transaction. The catch is that it may show up on my first bill (October) or my second bill (November) or it may be split between the two (5,000 in Oct, 5,000 in November).

Something tells me I will be making these phones calls again in November when I’m looking for my “missing” 5,000 points. :mad:

Thanks, Cathy! I figured someone else would be in the same boat (pun intended)! :D I guess we'll have to wait to see what appears on our statements! :rolleyes:

Doreen

Archived