Public Beaches withing walking distance of ports?

trvljill

I was wondering for the ports of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas if anyone knew if there were public beaches within walking distance of the pier? We have been to the ports before and done a few tours so this time to save some money we were thinking of just walking to a nearby beach and hanging out. So was wondering if there beaches with public access within walking distance(or even a short cab ride if its a bit further away) of the pier? Also if there are some are there beachside bars/restaurants where we could grab a few drinks and snacks? Any information about these three places would be good, thanks so much!

In PV you can walk down to the Krystal Vallarta and use their beach. They also have an open air palapa restaurant that serves good and reasonably priced food. I've gone there several times when I could just walk in the side gate entrance with no problem. One other time we had to go to the lobby and pay a $10 day pass fee which was applied to food or drinks there.

You would probably have to take a taxi to the beach in Mazatlan. Just have them take you to the El Cid which is pretty central and walk through their lobby and out to the beach. The beaches in Mazatlan are public beaches.

In Cabo, either take a water taxi or land taxi to Medano Beach. A little far to walk but only 5-6 dollars by taxi. I'm not sure about restaurants on Medano Beach but know there are several threads regarding them. If you want to eat in the marina area before or after going to the beach try Solomon's Landing or the restaurant right next to it was good as well.

In PV you can walk down to the Krystal Vallarta and use their beach. They also have an open air palapa restaurant that serves good and reasonably priced food. I've gone there several times when I could just walk in the side gate entrance with no problem. One other time we had to go to the lobby and pay a $10 day pass fee which was applied to food or drinks there.

You would probably have to take a taxi to the beach in Mazatlan. Just have them take you to the El Cid which is pretty central and walk through their lobby and out to the beach. The beaches in Mazatlan are public beaches.

In Cabo, either take a water taxi or land taxi to Medano Beach. A little far to walk but only 5-6 dollars by taxi. I'm not sure about restaurants on Medano Beach but know there are several threads regarding them. If you want to eat in the marina area before or after going to the beach try Solomon's Landing or the restaurant right next to it was good as well.

Medano beach in Cabo is the only beach with any facilites at all. It is actually a $10 regular cab ride or $3/pp by water taxi. You can walk all the way around the marina from the tender pier. It would be about a 30 minute walk. Once you get to the Marina Fiesta resort, take the road to the left and it will take you right to the heart of the beach by the Office and the Mango Deck. You will find a row of beach bars/restautants to choose from.

Archived