Train from London to Southhampton

twoatsea

Great photos, Rob. Thanks for sharing - esp. the monkeys!

I will post comments when I return. Also, I probably confused everyone with my "1st timer" comments. We have sailed quite a bit, just not on Cunard (hence-1st timer) - RCCL & HAL mostly, NCL long ago, Princess couple of times, Delta Queen Steamboat Company lots of times but not in recent years since they restructured. For ocean cruising, we prefer RCCL of those we have cruised - but then - we have not yet sailed Cunard! From what I have read on this board, I have NO doubt that we will love Cunard & it may become our new favorite! We are not that hard to please - just give us a cabin with everything working or quick service to fix; friendly, helpful staff (& we rarely ask for anything & we are always smiling, unless broken cabin not fixed!).

I have some questions though - but just in case you folks don't come back to this one, I'll post another thread.

Thanks, everyone. I'm happy that you now know - DH & I will not be sailing around in circles & meeting ourselves coming & going!

I am in the midst of trying to figure the same costs etc for London to Southampton. I did some checking so hopefully this will be helpful. All prices are estimates from web sites and emails from the providers.

Cab to London Train - 9 GBP

Train - 65 GBP (for 2 people)

Cab to Ship - 10 GBP

Total of about 84 GBP or (using 1.6 conversion) about $134 US

I have gotten quotes from (excluding tips)

Smiths - 114 GBP - $182

Totally Driven - 143 GBP - $228

Pink Luxury - 135 GBP - $216

I think my math is right but would welcome any comments!

I have just heard many good things about Smiths that for the difference, I think we will do that.

Thanks and we are so looking forward to our WB TA!!

Tom

I am in the midst of trying to figure the same costs etc for London to Southampton. I did some checking so hopefully this will be helpful. All prices are estimates from web sites and emails from the providers.

Total of about 84 GBP or (using 1.6 conversion) about $134 US

I have gotten quotes from (excluding tips)

Smiths - 114 GBP - $182

Totally Driven - 143 GBP - $228

Pink Luxury - 135 GBP - $216

I think my math is right but would welcome any comments!

I have just heard many good things about Smiths that for the difference, I think we will do that.

Thanks and we are so looking forward to our WB TA!!

Tom

Tom, Smiths is wonderful--nice vehicles, prompt arrival with sign in hand so that you can find them, and very nice drivers all at a cost that is typically less than their competitors. I find it much, much more pleasant to take a car than to struggle with luggage on trains and buses. It is well worth the difference in costs.:)

Have a wonderful crossing.

Archived