Just Back!! 9/5-9/17

auducky2

Hi All!

Just back from the NCL Jade 12 night Med. cruise. Ports of call were Barcelona, Rome, Naples, Dubrovnik, Venice, Katakolon, Athens, Izmir and Istanbul. We did not stay ahead of time in Barcelona. Any questions? :)

How was the weather, were you able to swim at all anywhere? What type of day/ evening dress in relation to temperatures was needed?

Tx:)

Hi All!

Just back from the NCL Jade 12 night Med. cruise. Ports of call were Barcelona, Rome, Naples, Dubrovnik, Venice, Katakolon, Athens, Izmir and Istanbul. We did not stay ahead of time in Barcelona. Any questions? :)

Welcome back auducky2!!

How was Katakolon? Do you have a place to recommend to eat at that port?

What did you do in Venice - is it easy to walk around?

In Athens, did you take the Metro - what stop did you get off at (and is it easy to navigate)?

In Dubrovnik, what did you do? I plan on just walking the walls and visiting the Old Town surrounded by the walls.

Venice: It was very easy! We walked the 10 minutes from the port to the vaporetto and took it to the Rialto stop where we got off and wandered down to St. Mark's. We wandered the back canals, got lost, and just meandered. It was wonderful!

Athens: We had a private taxi driver who was excellent!

Dubrovnik: We were tendered it right at Old Town. We walked it and walked the walls first. Around 11pm, it was VERY busy. Afterwards, we had lunch, found the Buza Bar and wandered around. It was a beautiful, relaxing day. The steps on the wall can be tough. Have good walking shoes!

How was the weather, were you able to swim at all anywhere? What type of day/ evening dress in relation to temperatures was needed?

Tx:)

We didn't swim at all, but the weather was gorgeous! In the 80's every day and sunny. Nice breezes. No rain - amazing! If I wore dresses I wore sleeveless sundresses and depending on where we were I carried a light weight throw. Evenings were much of the same but dressier.

Welcome back auducky2!!

How was Katakolon? Do you have a place to recommend to eat at that port?

Thanks! I actually didn't get off there, I was sick. DH got off and since we had a private taxi driver, he took them to a very local restaurant around Olympia. If you still want the name, I can dig it up for you from him! :)

Thanks! I actually didn't get off there, I was sick. DH got off and since we had a private taxi driver, he took them to a very local restaurant around Olympia. If you still want the name, I can dig it up for you from him! :)

If you don't mind getting the name for me... thank you so much!! Hope you felt better on the rest of the trip:).

Archived