Gratuity questions

mikebz

Okay,

A quick simple question about gratuities. All of my previous cruises with Royal, I had the option of prepaying the gratuities on my SeaPass account, or pay cash. I understand now, that they are automatically added to the SeaPass account, and you have to go down to the Purser to have them removed. Is this true?

Thank you

Okay,

A quick simple question about gratuities. All of my previous cruises with Royal, I had the option of prepaying the gratuities on my SeaPass account, or pay cash. I understand now, that they are automatically added to the SeaPass account, and you have to go down to the Purser to have them removed. Is this true?

Thank you

You still have that option. They will only be automatically added to your SeaPass Account if you sign up for it once on board. A letter will be delivered to your cabin mid-way through the cruise asking if you would like them added to your account.

If you decide to do MTD once on board then, yes, gratuities must be prepaid.

Okay,

Thank you

No this is not true. They are never automatically added to your account, you have to sign the form giving permission for them to be added. If you do not sign the form then you are left envelopes on the last night for you to put the appropriate sums of cash in.

Archived