voltage on the gem?

LilMissK

For someone from the United Kingdom, they would want to know whether the Gem also has an European 220 volt outlet as well. Does the Gem have a European 220 volt outlet? Many NCL ships do....

I don't recall seeing one. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I didn't make note. I'd recommend bringing your adapter just in case (doesn't take up much room for peace of mind).

If the Gem doesn't have a 220 volt outlet, the OP will have to bring a transformer as well as an adapter.

That depends on her electronics. I have many power cords that handle dual voltage and only need an adapter (all of the chargers for my phones and cameras for example). Hopefully someone here will be able to answer her question with certainty.

That depends on her electronics. I have many power cords that handle dual voltage and only need an adapter (all of the chargers for my phones and cameras for example). Hopefully someone here will be able to answer her question with certainty.

check the power supply for the device it should have and Input or UL rating something like

100-240Vac, 50-60Hz

this indicates 100 to 240 volts and 50 to 60 Hertz

a power supply like this could take US or European power would just need a plug converter

if it is 110V 60Hz then it would only use US Power without a transformer

if it is 220V 50Hz then it is European Power only without a transformer

most computers, camera battery chargers, phone chargers etc are the first type that can take either type of power with the use of a converter as needed

Archived