Please help Guarantee room question

glo1196

I had a D1 room with my daughter. Nothing special mid-ship, but to us a big deal because it had a balcony. We have never done anything but inside rooms because we are a family of 5 and just get two rooms near each other. I am cruising with my 18 year old daughter for 4 nights on the Navigator of the Seas. The suite guarantee discount came up and I took it for 699. Remember this is a once in a maybe not lifetime but going to be a scares occurrence trip. When I look at our reservation on the RCCL website it already says Junior Suite Guarantee. Does that mean we will only get a JS and that is the category where we will stay? I ask because for $16 I can pick my JS now, and there are aft and hump ones to choose from. So....if there is a possibility of a better upgrade exists I will take the risk...hey a JS is awesome if that is what I get. But if a JS is all I will get I might s well pick a location I want right? am I making sense? Has anyone don a Suite guarantee what did it say on your reservation?

I think for $16 you should go ahead and pick the suite you want now. A guarantee only guantees that you'll get a cabin in that category...not necessarily exactly what you might want. I think it's always better to go ahead and pick out the cabin you want, book it, and live with the consequences (price decreases, etc.)

I am willing to take the risk if the opportunity to get a better suite exists. Hey, I am happy with any suite including the junior suite! I was just thinking if they had already decided that a junior suite was all I was getting I might as well pick one out for $16 more My reservation on RCCL online says Junior suite guarantee and no room number. I was confused thinking that because it says that I wasn't in the running for any of the other suites. Heck, I am dancing the jig here thinking how exciting this is...LOL Doesn't take much huh? :rolleyes::D

Archived