ASL interpreter service on Royal Caribbean.

jealdaka

No, there is never a charge for the interpreter, but you must request it WELL in advance. I would call the Special Needs department as soon as possible. I don't think Royal Caribbean lets you select the interpreter, I believe they make the choice for you - they work with agencies in the region of the departure port. If the cruise does not depart from the US, they would select an ASL interpreter and fly them to the departure port.

I suggest you get hold of the special needs department directly. as stated you need a LOT of advance notice and the interpreter is not available at all times. So speaking directly can let you know what they do and don't provide but I agree also there is no cost to you.

I booked Freedom of the Seas for April 2011...

I was asking for the interpreter and they put down special services and told me must contact them before 90 days....

Same with Disney cruise too... I had two interpreters on Wonder and Magic which we had been crusing with them three times and had the interpreters on every cruise...

it was so fantastic and didn't charge us but we gave them presents/gifts...

Scottishwee35

Archived