Carnival made me mad..but all if forgiven now that they realized THEY made a mistake

mandas08

Just booked our hotel for upcoming cruise in January, and then decided to go ahead and log onto our cruise account to look at how much more we owed on our account. Well..... guess what! They said that our booking had been canceled July 20th. Obviously this surprised us, and I was shocked.

We had absolutely no idea why or how it had been cancelled, oh ya and it was done with us on the phone confirming it..ha! We said ok lets get this fixed and rebook it, of course they said sure at the now $200 per person rate. (we have flight and hotel booked already, no looking back). We said there was no way we were paying more for a mistake they made. We wanted our early booking rate.

To make a long story short, they found it was cancelled do to insufficent funds, no fault of ours. We were told a $400 deposit was required and it was actually a $500, which we would have no problem paying if we would have known about it.

Turns out we get the cabin next to the one we had originally booked since ours is now reserved by other people. This isn't a problem to me since it is essentially the same.

In conclusion if you know you are right don't budge. If we wouldn't have stood our ground this really could have went sour.

Just booked our hotel for upcoming cruise in January, and then decided to go ahead and log onto our cruise account to look at how much more we owed on our account. Well..... guess what! They said that our booking had been canceled July 20th. Obviously this surprised us, and I was shocked.

We had absolutely no idea why or how it had been cancelled, oh ya and it was done with us on the phone confirming it..ha! We said ok lets get this fixed and rebook it, of course they said sure at the now $200 per person rate. (we have flight and hotel booked already, no looking back). We said there was no way we were paying more for a mistake they made. We wanted our early booking rate.

To make a long story short, they found it was cancelled do to insufficent funds, no fault of ours. We were told a $400 deposit was required and it was actually a $500, which we would have no problem paying if we would have known about it.

Turns out we get the cabin next to the one we had originally booked since ours is now reserved by other people. This isn't a problem to me since it is essentially the same.

In conclusion if you know you are right don't budge. If we wouldn't have stood our ground this really could have went sour.

Your story is why I immediately put the booking number into My Profile on Carnival's website. And check it every so often. At least you were able to get it resolved.

Dave

Carnival's business sense is legendary. :)

"If you're wrong . . admit it and admit it emphatically" Carnegie

Archived