Dawn-Buffet

sunryz710

We eat lunch at the buffet nearly every day on the Dawn. Very fresh salad bar, pasta bar (action station), carving station, soups, sushi, sandwich bar, a variety of hot entrees (baked chicken, baked fish, etc.), burgers and dogs, too. Their caesar salad is to die for! Oh, and don't forget the dessert station (including soft ice cream). We've always had excellent food there. We've never eaten dinner at the buffet. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that one.

That's one of the best things about Freestyle.....you can go check out the buffet and if it doesn't suit you then you can go to main dining room or order room service or go to Blue Lagoon. Lot's of choices.

I've never eaten dinner there but have walked by it during dinner and it looked pretty darned good to me.

Enjoy:)

There's a carvery with different meats every night - sometimes salmon encrute.

At lunch there's a vegetarian Indian station that's really good with papadums to go with it. At night they offer similar fare but with meat as well. So there might be cauliflower curry at lunch and pork curry at night.

There's often a "Hawker" soup section (not sure what's currently on the Dawn) at lunch. You build your own soup by choosing the stock and what you want in it (lots of stuff to choose from). The cook combines & heats all the stuff together. Very good. You can even make it spicy if you want.

At night they added a chocolate fountain as part of freestyle 2.0. There's various fruit on a skewer for dipping. (Don't worry, it doesn't get messy as they do the dipping).

Was on the Dawn in May, and although we never ate a meal there, we did use it to grab some poolside snacks. The sushi was good, as was the fresh fruit choices. Most of the items we sampled were very tasty. Next time though, I will plant myself at the bread station and wait patiently for the prezel rolls. They run out of them way too fast and some days we weren't able to get any. They were far and away the best "snack" on the ship.

The Hawker Staion is awesome, so is the pasta station. The daily cheese selection is great, if you are a cheese head, like me. Ditto those pretzel rolls. The roasted chicken is also very good.

Some of the other selections were less than desirable, though. Creamed parsnips, anyone? Compared to the buffet on Carnival, we found NCL's buffet to have less choices and the quality was not as good. JMHO; your mileage may vary.

Archived