Uniworld in Paris (dock questions)

Bilyeu5

Can anyone tell me where the Uniworld Baroness docks in Paris? I'd like to take a look on Google Earth. Is it an OK part of town? Is there a taxi or bus stop near? Also, are there several other boats there? Wondering if we would have to walk through...or around..other ships to get in and out.

Thanks for any info (and Franski, I loved your long and helpful answer to a previous question!)

Barbara

We walked back and forth from town, even went to the Eiffel Tower one night about midnight. There were millions of people everywhere and it definitely felt safe. Just stepped off the boat, didn't have to walk around anything. It was near a train station which was an option if you wanted to go further than your feet would take you. I'm sure there were taxis nearby also.:)

Can anyone tell me where the Uniworld Baroness docks in Paris? I'd like to take a look on Google Earth. Is it an OK part of town? Is there a taxi or bus stop near? Also, are there several other boats there? Wondering if we would have to walk through...or around..other ships to get in and out.

Thanks for any info (and Franski, I loved your long and helpful answer to a previous question!)

Barbara

Barbara -

The Baroness docks by Citroen Park. Although there are other boats that docked there, I did not notice them moored side by side --> rather, end to end.

You should be able to get a look at Citroen Park on Google Earth.

You are about a 3 minute walk to the Metro. I wondered if it would be possible to walk to the Eiffel Tower - and apparently it is. But - it would be quite a hike. Much easier to take the Metro --> it is only 2 stops away. Or - if you wanted to take a cab - the staff on the Baroness would book one for you.

Glad my previous post was helpful.

Fran

• 2 weeks later...

We docked at Port de Javel Bas, Pier Quai Andre Citroen. The day I arrived there was no other riverboat, but when we came back we were side by side with a Diehlman riverboat. We were right across from Citroen Park with its hot air balloon ride (tethered) when we got back to Paris. We were a little further down the pier the first day. I arrived at the River Baroness at 10 am and since you couldn't check in until 1:00 - 1:30, after a few minutes relaxing inside, I unloaded some of my purse things, like books, into the outside pocket of my suitcase, took a left and walked along the Seine until I reached the Eiffel Tower - 40 minutes with photo stops. Luckily there were loads of joggers, runners, etc. and I followed their route under the major streets. The first part of the walk is a little commercial, but the rest is very pretty. You walk right by the French Statue of Liberty and get a great close-up of the statuary on the bridges. From the Eiffel Tower I walked all the way through the Parc du Champs de Mars until I was in front of Ecole Militaire, then headed left for a few blocks until I came to Rue Cler where I made a left. This is a fantastic pedestrian area - oh the smells of cheese and pastries. A man was playing delightful music on a hand organ and the sidewalk cafes were full. After a few blocks I made a left on Rue St. Dominique, right on Avenue Bosquet, and came to Pont de l'Alma. I crossed the bridge on the left hand side and came to the torch (replica of Statue of Liberty's) which is situated over the tunnel where Princess Di was killed. On the wall around the little plaza where the torch is, folks have written their sentiments. Back over the bridge and back to the ship. Total time: 3 hours and just in time to check in and have some lunch. But if you are tired, there is an RER station right at the beginning of the bridge, and there is a ticket agent there where you can buy metro tickets if you haven't purchased them from reception on the ship. Take the RER to Blvd. Victor and you will be very close to the riverboat. It's the C line. Very easy - we did it the last day from the Musee D'Orsay station. Just go in the direction of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. I'll write a more thorough review soon. Hope this helps.

Archived