Help me decide about a stroller

jennlynnmahan

My twins will have just turned 3 when we take our first cruise in January. I have read that we should plan on taking a stroller (or 2 in our case). I am just confused on what we do with the stroller if we make any stops. Is there a place outside the dining room or by the pool where we can leave the strollers and feel safe about them not being stollen? My kids are pretty independent, but I know there will be times they want to be held if they can't be in the stroller.

Fortunately on a cruise ship, you have a small, controlled population of passengers... those travelling with toddlers is an even smaller number.

It would be foolhardy for someone to steal another passenger's stroller... What're you gonna do with it? Really?

It's not like the owner of the stroller isn't gonna notice someone else running around with their stroller. Last thing anyone wants to do is ruin their own family vacation, being the one group of people among 2000 passengers (let's guess-timate <800 families and couples) who's ejected for theft... of a stroller.

Digital cameras is a different story...

My twins will have just turned 3 when we take our first cruise in January. I have read that we should plan on taking a stroller (or 2 in our case). I am just confused on what we do with the stroller if we make any stops. Is there a place outside the dining room or by the pool where we can leave the strollers and feel safe about them not being stollen? My kids are pretty independent, but I know there will be times they want to be held if they can't be in the stroller.

I just set up a pack n play by the pool last week, on the freedom, for our 8 month old. Neither the baby or the crib were stolen :D

I think you are going to find that your 3 year olds are going to want to walk a lot more than you realize. That was the biggest phrase that came out of our 3 year olds mouth last week "I wanna walk!" Lol, you would probably be better putting a harness on each of them than bringing the stroller ;)

I'm bringing my 2.5 y.o. twins in November and have no plans to use the strollers on board. I'm bringing the strollers for the airport and the ports. I will get two cheapo umbrella strollers, preferably used.

My kids like to walk though. I don't use strollers anymore except when I'm out with them by myself and need to go a long distance by foot.

I don't know that you'd need them while onboard, but I'd DEFINATELY take them for port days.

God yes!! I don't know what I would have done without it. I brought the cheap umbrella stroller and left it by the pool several times. No one even noticed it was there.

I'd let them walk to the dining room.

Archived