Insurance Question

Is there any way or where to buy cruise insurance after you've made your final payment? Yeah, I was really dumb. Booked the Brilliance for Jan. 26 through Royal Caribbean while we were on Serenade of the Seas last year and figured I pay for insurance when I made the final payment at the TA's office, but I forgot and she didn't check--I'll take the blame though.

If you purchased insurance right now, it would go into effect at 12:01am tomorrow morning, providing you the same coverage as if you had purchased it months ago --- all, except that is, any waivers as it relates to pre-existing conditions of your party or family!

Kiefaber455,

Are you sure you have your sail date correct? The Brilliance sails on Jan 24, 2005 out of Miami not on the 26th. If you are on our sailing we would love for you to sign up for our Meet and Mingle. The 24th sailing is an eleven night cruise to San Juan, St Lucia etc.

Sorry about the dates mix-up. Driftwoodgal, the sailing is the 24th (3 weeks from today), my dad goes in for back surgery on the 26th, it's been a little crazy around our household. For all of you that answered, thanks for the info. I did go to the site given, need to do a little bit of reading to figure out which is the best coverage. Any other suggestions would be helpful--can't believe I was that forgetful.

Sorry about the mix-up on the dates. Driftwoodgal, the sailing is the 24th (3 weeks from today), my dad goes in for back surgery on the 26th, it's been a little crazy around our household. For all of you that answered, thanks for the info. I did go to the site given, need to do a little bit of reading to figure out which is the best coverage. Any other suggestions would be helpful--can't believe I was that forgetful.

kiefaber455...

The highest priced policy is not necessarily the "best" policy.

We have used Travelex several times.

The only real dealings I ever had to have with them (fortunately)...was just a few days ago. Our Century cruise (insured by Travelex) was cancelled. Travelex will be allowing us to apply the insurance coverage to any other trip....taken within one year from the date of the original sailing date of the Century.

I was pleased...

Good luck with your research.

I'm in total agreement with insuremytrip.com; they offer inusrance from numerous insurance companies. I have purchased Travelex and other policies from them. The only problem with purchasing the insurance later rather than sooner is the pre-existing clause. They want to make sure you aren't insuring for some event that has already occured prior to your travel. (You break a hip and THEN try to buy insurance since the Doctor won't let you travel.)This outfit is better than RCL since they cover both air and cruise and in some cases auto travel between your start of travel date and return home date.

Insurance is only good if it pays off and ours did..........

We were booked for a back to back (two cruises) cruise. Due to illness, we had to depart the ship on the first cruise after only 5 days on that 10 day cruise, the insurance company we purchased through insuremytip.com, paid for the unused portion of the first cruise and Royal Caribbean paid our airfare from Hilo back home to Honolulu.

Regarding the second cruise, Royal Caribbean credited us (through our travel agent) for a future cruise which we took a few months later.

We did have forms to fill out and the process worked slowly but it worked. Both the insurance company and RCL wanted to make sure we were not getting doubly reimbursed. (That's what they call good business sense:)

Archived