Solstice Murano Question

Mysticks1

I saw in a post somewhere that Murano offered a dish with Lobster and steak (filet?). I was wondering if someone can comment as to how the lobster was there, if it is of more normal size or one of the smaller ones as served in the MDR on formal night? Also, do they offer an escargot in garlic butter sauce as an appetizer?

Also, is the menu the same there each night or does it alternate as the MDR does? I am considering making reservations there and need to do so ASAP as we leave on Monday!:D I just want to make sure that choice would be available on the night we dine there. It is our 20th wedding anniversary and I wanted to do this as a surprise.

I came off the Equinox last week. We had dinner at Murano twice (it was that good we made another reservation to eat there before our cruise ended).

You can have your Lobster prepared 3 ways...Steamed, Broiled, and Thermador. The Lobster and filet mignon is larger than normal size portion....you won't leave there hungry. It was actually a bigger portion than the MDR.

Escargot was prepared differently than the MDR. It's cooked with a pasta...but I did overhear someone ask for the escargot perpared as you mentioned...but I decided to try something different since it was offered. They have specials, and you can always request that they prepare something special...the chefs are pretty talented as a saw during a cook-off competition they had in the Theater one afternoon at sea.

Regarding Reservations, if you can't get what you want online, you can also check with both the Restaurant and their Special Occassion hostess when you're on the ship. No promises, but last minute cancellations seemed to have occurred...that's how we got our second reservation.

Happy Anniversary and have a great trip!

Thanks to both of you for your replies. :) They answered my questions. I think I will go online to see if I can schedule a time, if not I will check after we board. We prefer to eat early where most prefer late on a Med cruise so hopefully I can get a time scheduled.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. :) They answered my questions. I think I will go online to see if I can schedule a time, if not I will check after we board. We prefer to eat early where most prefer late on a Med cruise so hopefully I can get a time scheduled.

When you get aboard, you will likely see a sign indicating when the Specialty Restaurants will be open for booking. If you do not see a sign, ask any of the greeters, they will probably know. On our last Solstice cruise they began taking reservations at 1:00 pm, and you could make all your bookings at one time, in one place.

I had no problem at all getting bookings for all three Specialty Restaurants at our chosen time...7:30 pm.

The food at this specialty restaurant is similar to the other specialty restaurants on the Millennium class ships.

On my Sept 7 cruise the menu was the same for the duration of the cruise. The best thing on this restaurant is for appetizer the goat cheese soufle and for desert the dark chocolate soufle or the grand marnier soufle

As far as escargot, you can have that appetizer in the main dining room every night if you want it

Yannis

Archived