Diving in Dominica

sailawaykay

I have been researching diving in Dominica. Both myself and my daughter are VERY new divers. My other daughter does not dive but she is going on cruise with us. What dive operation is best. Thinking maybe dive and snorkel combo or discover scuba and dive so all three can do what they want. Both want to do Champagne Bay. Any help will be appreciated.

Hey there,

I have been diving with Nature Island Divers on several visits to Dominca. They will give you some awesome diving in Dominica! Don't miss that opportunity. Do everyone a favor and SKIP the sparse and silly bubbles coming out of the sand... Yes they can snorkel there, but don't waste a whole dive there. Get out to "La Bym" or "The Abyss" as we would say in english. They will get you to and from the boat on time. Tell them they have a friend in Palm Beach, Fl who speaks very highly of their operation... Top notch.

Have fun,

C

I hesitate to recommend someone I have no experience with but I can tell you that I did much research and finally booked our dives in Dominica with Natures Island Divers (as previous poster recommended). While my son has much experience, I am quite a novice having only logged 12 dives. Not sure when your cruise is but ours is in December. I always post a trip report after our cruise in the hopes of helping someone else so whoever you go with, dont forget to report back (good and bad).

Safe diving and have a GREAT cruise!

We have been diving witth Nature Island Divers twice and they did a great job both times. They wrere very professional and were safety concious at all times.

We will be diving with them again this December. Dive safely and enjoy that next dive excursion. :)

• 2 weeks later...

About 6-7 years ago my husband, daughter and I went to Dominca for a week. We stayed at the Fort Young Hotel and the dive shop was right there. Now we (plus our new son-in-law) are going on the Celebruty Summit on 12/26. I was going to use Dive Dominica since I coundn't find the shop at Fort Young. Now I will change due to everyone's good reviews. Thanks so much:)

Another vote for Nature Island Divers. We went out with them earlier this year. And I must respectfully disagree with the comment about "skip the bubbles". We dove Champagne Reef on our second dive. I knew it was a "snorkel" destination, as was a little disappointed when I heard it was our next destination. I thought we were being taken there solely because we were "new divers". It was the third dive for most others, and my wife and I had the boat and divemaster to ourselves. My wife and I thought it was the best dive of six we did (we also dove St Kitts and St Lucia). Of coarse a lot of that had to do with the dive master. I don't recall his name, but he was a young man who was the son of the owners. He pointed out many many things we probably would have missed on our own.

~Mike

Archived