computer on Star flyer?

aj411

I hate to say it but I may have to make a quick check on e-mail while on the Star Flyer later this year (family concerns). I will not be bringing a laptop on vacation and my iphone won't have data support in Tahiti so....

Are there computer available in port for a quick check? I assume there is a fee?

Thanks for any info,

AJ

ok, I meant are there computers on board that are available for use when in port?

I suppose in a pinch I could use an internet cafe or something similar but hate to waste a lot of vacation searching one out.

Still open to suggestions. Would need access sometime Mon-Fri so access on Tahiti won't help me.

-AJ

Just got back yesterday from 17 days on the Star Flyer. There are two computers in the library for passenger use at sea or in port. They are not always "up" but seemed to be working most of the time. Also, I think there are internet shops at several ports, Bora Bora for sure, right near the landing.

You should have no problem.

Robbie

I hate to say it but I may have to make a quick check on e-mail while on the Star Flyer later this year (family concerns). I will not be bringing a laptop on vacation and my iphone won't have data support in Tahiti so....

Are there computer available in port for a quick check? I assume there is a fee?

Thanks for any info,

AJ

You can still use your IPhone in Tahiti. Just make sure your data roaming is turned off & Wi-Fi is on. Find someplace that has Wi-Fi & your set. You won't encure any additional data expenses since you'll be accessing that spots internet, not your carrier's. Worked fine for us when we were there last year. Many hotels have free Wi-Fi. Also, if you're set up with AT&T, go online & set up your phone for International Calling so you can make calls if you need to. You still pay roaming rates on calls which I believe is still less than $2.00/minute....less than any other means there. I repeat though.....turn OFF data roaming.

Mike

You can still use your IPhone in Tahiti. Just make sure your data roaming is turned off & Wi-Fi is on. Find someplace that has Wi-Fi & your set. You won't encure any additional data expenses since you'll be accessing that spots internet, not your carrier's. Worked fine for us when we were there last year. Many hotels have free Wi-Fi. Also, if you're set up with AT&T, go online & set up your phone for International Calling so you can make calls if you need to. You still pay roaming rates on calls which I believe is still less than $2.00/minute....less than any other means there. I repeat though.....turn OFF data roaming.

Mike

I have done this before in other travels but ATT (website adn on the phone) said no support for data/wi-fi in Tahiti. Glad to here that it will work. If that is the case, I should be set.

I certainly don't want to use it much but knowing that I have a couple of easy options between the phone and the ship, I should be set.

-AJ

Archived