Christmas at Sea

We are on the Liberty for the Dec 13th sailing and I understand that the ship will be already decorated for the holiday. A few questions:

• Other than a tree, what other decorations do the ships put out?
  • Does the ship florist carry holiday greens/plants/flowers?
  • What do you do to decorate your cabin/door for the holiday?
  • Are there any special holiday shows?

We won't actually be sailing on Christmas day, but still are looking forward to all the glitz and glitter.

Thanks in advanced for any and all answers.

We sailed Freedom a few years back over Christmas. A full trip report and LOTS of pictures can be found in my signature below.

The ship was decorated, but I thought it was tastefully done and not too OTT.

There was a huge tree in the Promenade, and there was a 'flying' santa, sleight and reindeer in the MDR.

There were plenty of poinsettias around.

Christmas eve there was a choir service on the bridge over the promenade.

There was a special menu on Christmas day, which included Turkey.

Santa arrived by lifeboat which was fun to watch (we were at Labadee that day) and I believe he gave gifts out to the children.

We took our own crackers for the table and the wait staff had great fun pulling them and arguing over who got to keep the gift inside.

We really enjoy sailing in December, usually during the first few weeks of the month, when rates are low and there are very few children on board. The atrium is nicely decorated for the holidays and adds a special touch to the cruise. I don't recall any special holiday shows during these early December cruises. But, I bet if you are sailing on Christmas Day, there will be something special, but I don't sail that week...too expensive and too many kids! Perhaps someone who has cruised over the actual holiday can comment.

We sailed Freedom a few years back over Christmas. A full trip report and LOTS of pictures can be found in my signature below.

There was a huge tree in the Promenade, and there was a 'flying' santa, sleight and reindeer in the MDR.

Santa arrived by lifeboat which was fun to watch (we were at Labadee that day) and I believe he gave gifts out to the children.

We took our own crackers for the table and the wait staff had great fun pulling them and arguing over who got to keep the gift inside.

Thank you for that review - it was wonderful! The pictures answered a lot of my questions.

I was on Christmas and New Years on the Explorer. Some decorate their doors but there are tons of kids and then tend to steal and/or break the decorations so use stuff from the dollar store that you won't feel bad about as it disappears from your doors over the course of the week or 2. If you are on a Voyager or Freedom class ship the ice show will probably be holidayish.

dancing dragon - how did you get your fairy lights to light up, did you have power close to the window or did you have to take an extension cord? Do people decorate there doors for Christmas?

I had an extension cord.. I also decorated my door. can use wrapping paper, but I got a door decoration from Wal-mart and put it up. made it easier to find my room... oh since it was the 15th when I left the ship, I gave all my decorations to a some the ships crew so they could decorate their rooms.

I bet there will be a lot more celebration at sea than on our flight from Alice Springs to Cairns last Christmas Day, when the cabin stewards didn't even say Happy Christmas and there was no mention of it by the captain, most disappointing, bah humbug

I was on the Vision on Christmas Day 5 years ago and that is how I remember it, with the exception of Santa in a life boat from Labadee. Christmas that year was on a sea day so Santa just was there for the kids. RCI also gave every cabin a small RCI carry on luggage.

Archived