Private Island

flynnsport

Has Carnival ever considered a private island for stops? Would loyal Carnivalites like it? Forgive me if this question has been answered before but I haven't seen it.

Flynnsport,

Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival corp and used by many Carnival brands.

HMC is nice and is really easy to navigate since it was designed for HAL and it's more "mature" cruisers. We really liked Labadee on RCL and they've added a lot to it over the years. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the NCL island in the Bahamas which is a bit shabby and totally lacking in any shade. They won't even rent you an umbrella.

I see it's going to be used by the Fantasy out of Charleston on some itineraries.

I remember my first visit to a private island was on NCL's Great Stirrup Cay in the 80's. It was a rock, with little beach, and little amenities. And, you had to tender. Not a fan of tendering.

Couldn't wait to get back on the ship (although, I really couldn't wait to get off that ship at the end as well....whole other story).

So, of course I was NOT a fan of private islands until I visited Disneys Castaway Cay, where the ship also docks. WHAT A PARADISE!!!

I remember my first visit to a private island was on NCL's Great Stirrup Cay in the 80's. It was a rock, with little beach, and little amenities. And, you had to tender. Not a fan of tendering.

Sadly, i bet the island looks the same as when you visited. Coco Cay next door is much nicer. We hope to see the Disney Island one day but their prices have to ease up a bit for that.

Half moon cay is on stops by Carnival Pride out of Baltimore next year

Sorry to say not *all* sailings will stop there. Ours originally was scheduled to go there (that's one of the reasons we booked a specific week); however, it's been changed. Oh well, just another reason to book the Pride in 2011! ;)

Archived