Cruising marnier of the sea with a almost 3yr old and 4yr old boys need some help!!!!

superstarvic

Hello there, is there anyone who can help me, it took me just 4 days to figure how to post here anyway i was wondering if there are any family's going on the mariner of the seas nov15/09.this is our first cruise we are booked in a d1 cat deck 9 kind of worried with the balcony with the two boys!!!! also i read somewhere that you can not bring on board any alcohol but has anybody brought it onboard and how, can you bring waterbottles and pop onboard???? just need some help and guidance!!!!thanx so much:) my 4yr old will lovw the kids club has anyone had there younger sibling in the kids club and given a pager, so you can come change pull up if needed. My 2 1/2 yr old is almost potty trained!!!!

I'm sure you will have a great time on your cruise!

Adventure Ocean on Royal Caribbean is for children ages 3 and up, so unfortunately your younger child will not be able to go. However, they do offer in cabin babysitting for a fee.

You can take water and pop on board without a problem. You are not supposed to take alcohol on board, but people do. We did not try this as we were cruising the same time as college spring breaks. They tend to really crack down at that time of year. I had to go claim a bag from security and show them that what was in the bag was empty sippy cups, not alcohol!

Finally, we were also in a D1 with 4 & 6 year old boys. We did not have a problem with the balcony. The door is heavy and the rule was that there had to be an adult with them on the balcony and no climbing the chairs!

As an FYI, RCI does not allow children in AO unless they are fully potty trained. No diapers, no pull ups. If they have a certain number of accidents (don't know if it's two or three), they are not allowed back in to AO. Children must be self-sufficiant in the bathroom because the crew do not assist with undressing/dressing, wiping, or anything else. I'm assuming your 4-y/o is fully potty trained, so it shouldn't be an issue. Regardless, they will not give you a pager to come change a pull up because they do not allow pull ups and they will not bend the rules on the minimum age for AO, period.

They have a limited program, not in the AO facilities, for children younger than 3. The groups are by age with play times lasting about 45 minutes. A parent or other adult is required to stay with the child. Many parents enjoy it because it allows their toddlers to get out some energy and interact with other toddlers.

You should not have trouble bringing soda and bottled water onboard. For alcohol, do an advanced search here and on the RCI forum for the subject. There are many, many, many threads dealing specifically with how people sneak alcohol onboard.

Don't fret about the balcony, but do have rules and follow them: The boys are not allowed on the balcony without you (guess that's a "duh"); no putting furniture by the railing; no standing on chairs or tables; no horseplay. There is a lock for the balcony door that your youngsters will be extremely unlikely to be able to either reach--even on a chair--or unlock. Just be cautious and keep a close eye.

Also be aware that your 2-1/2-y/o will not be allowed in any of the ship pools unless he is fully potty trained. Swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Some parents insist on putting their non-fully trained children in the pools without a swim diaper, even though that too is obviously against the health regulations. (I'm not at all saying you would even consider doing that, but want to explain what people try and what can happen.) A child having a potty accident in the pools requires closing it, draining it, cleaning it, and refilling it, which can take a pool out of commission for an entire day.

I hope you have a wonderful first cruise.

beachchick

Archived