Urgent question for Marja and others just back from Med

margbem

I have just read a post stating that on the Legend there were 4 casual nights in a 7 night cruise. I have packed smart dresses for every night except the casual night. We like to dress up for dinner but I don't want to feel overdressed. Help!! We leave on Friday and I can't face starting packing (and washing and ironing) again!

Margaret

I have just read a post stating that on the Legend there were 4 casual nights in a 7 night cruise. I have packed smart dresses for every night except the casual night. We like to dress up for dinner but I don't want to feel overdressed. Help!! We leave on Friday and I can't face starting packing (and washing and ironing) again!

Margaret

Just back from 3 weeks on the Spirit and there were 3 casual nights on 2 of the 3 weeks.

Margaret

You are right 3 or 4 casual nights, but then again I don't dress too casual on any of those nights and you still see a lot of jackets and even ties. Under dress is not allowed (to the extreme), a little overdressed is never a problem. Just wear what makes you comfortable! A smart dress makes you feel good and that is what it is all about, feeling good! I feel good after my cruise....

Have a great cruise!

Marja

I am a dress person, and I personally love to take a dress for every night of my cruise, some more gown like than others, I never found this to be a problem on SB, I found the ladies and gents on board to be dressed elegantly EVERY night, we have never seen or felt like we were out of place. You will be fine enjoy, and I'm sure you'll be complemented on the way you look!:D

Seabourn doesn't provide the dress code in advance with your cruise documents (or prior)?

Being curious, I just looked at our travel docs (for a Med cruise on Spirit in Oct.) and found the following:

-- Under Your Itinerary: "Evenings with Black Tie (Optional) attire suggested: 1" [This is the only mention of dress attire in the Itinerary section of the docs]

-- Under Clothing Onboard: "Each day, in the ship's daily program, a dress code advisory will list one of three options for suggested attire after 6:00 pm"

-- Under "The Restaurant" (still in Clothing Onboard): "Casual: ... (on the first and last nights of the cruise, occasional other nights)"

So, in answer to the above question, NO SB does not provide the specific number of nights for each dress code for one's particular cruise in one's cruise documents. They leave a lot of wiggle room. Who makes the final decision for each cruise? And when? Who knows.

Thanks everyone - I'm going to dress up anyway. I don't get much chance to nowadays so it's a good excuse. I hope I don't have to ask any more questions, but thanks to everyone who has replied to my many questions over the weeks, and I look forward to being able to give some answers when we're back.

Tillyloveseabourn - have I just seen you on the Seabourn DVD?!

Being curious, I just looked at our travel docs (for a Med cruise on Spirit in Oct.) and found the following:

-- Under Your Itinerary: "Evenings with Black Tie (Optional) attire suggested: 1" [This is the only mention of dress attire in the Itinerary section of the docs]

-- Under Clothing Onboard: "Each day, in the ship's daily program, a dress code advisory will list one of three options for suggested attire after 6:00 pm"

-- Under "The Restaurant" (still in Clothing Onboard): "Casual: ... (on the first and last nights of the cruise, occasional other nights)"

So, in answer to the above question, NO SB does not provide the specific number of nights for each dress code for one's particular cruise in one's cruise documents. They leave a lot of wiggle room. Who makes the final decision for each cruise? And when? Who knows.

they allow for first night, last night, on deck night and Captains welcome

Thanks everyone - I'm going to dress up anyway. I don't get much chance to nowadays so it's a good excuse. I hope I don't have to ask any more questions, but thanks to everyone who has replied to my many questions over the weeks, and I look forward to being able to give some answers when we're back.

Tillyloveseabourn - have I just seen you on the Seabourn DVD?!

Hi, you go for it,I feel just the same,don't get alot of chance at home!

It may well have been me you saw!!:D

Archived