Disney 4 day cruise and men jackets

PAJenny

We're leaving for a Disney 4 day cruise on Sunday and the website says for one night at dinner request Men's jackets. Can we we just wear a nice collared golf type shirt and long pants? We would rather not get into packing a jacket for just a few hours that night. We will be in a group of 6 including 4 year old and 9 month at the Main seating time so I don't know if there will even be anyone else at our table. I've never been on Disney Cruise before. Just wondering if that jacket tradition is really still in place.

It's part of the suggested attire for the "dress-up" night, but you won't be turned away from the regular dining room if you don't wear a jacket. You'll see lots of people who disregard the suggested attire entirely, especially on the shorter sailings. People tend to follow the guidelines a bit better on the 7 night or longer, but either way the regular dining room will let you in.

We have been on 7 Disney cruises and not once has DH worn a jacket. He just always dresses in a nice button down silk shirt and dress slacks. On formal night he wears all black...black shirt and black dress pants. Boys do the same except they have colored shirts and I wear black slacks and a sequence kinds shirts. Even in Palos you dont have to wear a suit jacket.

All they ask is no jeans and no shorts. Yet some do and you are never turned away. Formal night is fun if you enjoy getting all dressed up. And a lot of people do get dressed up and everyone looks great. We are all dressed up but semi formal.

So tell DH if he does not want to wear a Jacket he can leave it at home. I see more men that dont wear a Jacket than that do. A nice collared golf type shirt and long pants will work out great...

Happy sailing!

Archived