Parking at the hotel (Miami)

santacap

Any hotels offer this instead of parking at the port?

pros / cons?

Im just trying to weigh our options. We'd like to stay 2 nights in Miami just to see the sites etc

What do you guys recommend? Preferably close to the port or South Beach

20 bucks isnt unreasonable for the port, so that would be fine if we had to.

There are some but they're all out by the airport and the con is they're unsecure open lots. If you value your car the only safe place to park is in the parking garages at the port. It's money well spent to know your car will be safe and be there when you return.

There are some but they're all out by the airport and the con is they're unsecure open lots. If you value your car the only safe place to park is in the parking garages at the port. It's money well spent to know your car will be safe and be there when you return.

that makes alot of sense. NEver thought about that, thanks.

Looking at the Holiday Inn by the port, seems to be a reasonably priced option close enough to everything

The Holiday Inn is a dump and you could do much better in Coconut Grove, South Beach, or Coral Gables.

Miami isn't a city where you want to leave a car for days on end in an unsecure open lot.

really? First Ive heard that its a dump...

what about the Mariott Courtyard (South Beach) I think its called

I've seen cars broken into in "secure" parking lots. In fact, a prospective thief knows for sure that all of the cars in the cruise port garage will be left alone for days on end.

I've left my car off-site in Miami (and other cities) many times in open lots and never had a problem.

The Holiday Inn POM just went through a major renovation last year and is actually pretty nice. It's well-located, too. You can't park there during your cruise, though. if you want a pre-cruise hotel where you can park for the week, check out the Hyatt Place Miami Airport West. It's $109 and includes shuttle service for 2 to the port.

I've seen cars broken into in "secure" parking lots. In fact, a prospective thief knows for sure that all of the cars in the cruise port garage will be left alone for days on end.

I've left my car off-site in Miami (and other cities) many times in open lots and never had a problem.

Been to a port recently and seen the amount of security? Those garages are patrolled, where the "free" hotel lots are not. Glad you had no problems, but the chances of your car being broken into or stolen are far greater at those hotels than in the port garages!

really? First Ive heard that its a dump...

what about the Mariott Courtyard (South Beach) I think its called

Marriott Courtyard SOUTH BEACH on Washington Ave. is a much better choice. It's a far better hotel in a much nicer/safer location with hundreds of restaurants and shops and all South Beach has to offer all within safe, easy walking distance.

Downtown Miami only has Bayside, which is an old tired open air mall that doesn't have much in it.

• 3 weeks later...
Been to a port recently and seen the amount of security? Those garages are patrolled, where the "free" hotel lots are not. Glad you had no problems, but the chances of your car being broken into or stolen are far greater at those hotels than in the port garages!

There is so much security at the port that Government Cut is actually patroled by high speed boats with big guns on them. You are not allowed in Gov't Cut in a private vessel.

Archived