So I want to buy a lot of rum cakes...

snorkelingsearchers

I love rum cakes. I went to Grand Cayman when I was 17 with my parents and I tried the Tortuga rum cakes which I really liked. I have never tried the other ones (blackbeard?) but would like to. I would also like to bring home small inexpensive rum cakes as gifts for my friends, family, and co-workers.

Is there a limit on taking these back to the ship? Where should I buy rum and rum cakes? Do you guys have any recommendations?

http://www.tortugarumcakes.com/

I'll be visiting in January and have much the same plan, but this seems to be the best offering I've found so far.

I'm sure they'll be less there than on the website and they may give you a "bulk discount" if you purchase a number of them, not sure.

I don't think it actually counts as an "alcohol purchase" and would just go against your overall "Duty Free" allowance, but someone who's done it previously would certainly know more.

Certain locally produced handicrafts may be brought back to the United States completely duty free and do not count against your duty free allowance. If I recall correctly Cayman rum cakes actually fall under this exemption. In short, take back all the rum cakes you want completely duty free.

I love rum cakes. I went to Grand Cayman when I was 17 with my parents and I tried the Tortuga rum cakes which I really liked. I have never tried the other ones (blackbeard?) but would like to. I would also like to bring home small inexpensive rum cakes as gifts for my friends, family, and co-workers.

Is there a limit on taking these back to the ship? Where should I buy rum and rum cakes? Do you guys have any recommendations?

No you can buy as much as you want- ship does sell them, cheaper off ship, but if you take a picture of cheaper price for like item Carnival will sell it to you for the price you found on shore, that way you don't have to lug them back to the ship. Julie G.

yep, you can get them in the airports too...i don't think there is an inexspensive rum cake to be found lol...but they are yummy!!! i love that little shop right there where the tendor boats come in...you can sample all kinds of different cakes...YUMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Archived