Last tender time in Bora Bora for Pacific Princess

manasvi10

Hi,

We are taking Pacific princess roundtrip papeete cruise in Nov 2009. It docks in Bora Bora overnight. Can somebody tell me when is the last tender from shore on 1 st day? We are planning a private sunset sail cruise which will return at around 7 pm or 7.30pm.

I saw the ship's excursion which will come back at 6.45 pm but I don't want to be bound by that time and keep worrying looking at watch instead of enjoying beautiful sunset of Bora Bora..

I am thinking of Bora Bora voile sailing cruise. Any other tour operators or suggestions from past cruisers?

Hi,

We are taking Pacific princess roundtrip papeete cruise in Nov 2009. It docks in Bora Bora overnight. Can somebody tell me when is the last tender from shore on 1 st day? We are planning a private sunset sail cruise which will return at around 7 pm or 7.30pm.

I saw the ship's excursion which will come back at 6.45 pm but I don't want to be bound by that time and keep worrying looking at watch instead of enjoying beautiful sunset of Bora Bora..

I am thinking of Bora Bora voile sailing cruise. Any other tour operators or suggestions from past cruisers?

If I remember correctly, the last tender back is around 10:00 or 11:00 PM. that first night. Remember, many of the crew also go ashore in Bora Bora.

We sailed on a private charter sunset sail ourselves (The Tara Vana) some years ago and got back vary late, had no problems at all getting a tender back to the ship.

Leaving next week for a B2B Hawaii/Tahiti/Tahiti and this time we must take the ships sunset sail as our roll calls are too small to get a group together for a private charter.

I agree it is probably 10 or 11 pm--I know that we feel comfortable having dinner ashore and not worrying about the tender--lots of first-timer at Bloody Mary's--we found a good restaurant last March in the town section on the water--one of the original owners of Bloody Mary's told us about it. This is worth your time and money as I remember--walk to the street turn left and quite as way down--may have taken a cab--if I find it again on our trip I'll let others know--There is always La Mahana (if your money is burning a hole in your pocket) don't know if they have re-opened--I emailed Patrick to see if he knew--no response--I think that Meherio thought it would open again this October.

Okay--enough talk from me--I'm ready to go--leaving LAX on the 22nd next month--it's getting here

Nancy:D:D

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much. I will now book a sunset tour..

TotoKansas,

You need not go on Princess tour if you don't want to. I recently got a quote from bora bora voile. They have quoted 5500xpf/60$ for sunset sail. Free pick up from cruise ship pier and drop off to any location we want after sunset sail. Plus they will sail even with 2 passengers. The boat looks very nice. I got reply within 24 hours. Let me know if you need their info.

Nancy,

I have one more question for you. In your earlier posts, you mentioned that if we pay the hotel bill with local currency and cash, they give 10 to 15% discount. Is it true with all the hotels..especially Moorea sofitel? How to make sure?

The hotel doesn't offer 10 to 15% off--All you need to do is put your brain to work just a bit--paper and pencil for me--find out how much your daily rate is plus all taxes--in both USD and Ploynesian Francs--also remember that if you use a credit card you will be charged a money changing fee--(or whatever they call it)--Also ask if they charge a fee for paying with Travelers Checks ?? Good Luck--if I', not clear--write back

Nancy:D

• 5 weeks later...
Hi everybody,

TotoKansas,

You need not go on Princess tour if you don't want to. I recently got a quote from bora bora voile. They have quoted 5500xpf/60$ for sunset sail. Free pick up from cruise ship pier and drop off to any location we want after sunset sail. Plus they will sail even with 2 passengers. The boat looks very nice. I got reply within 24 hours. Let me know if you need their info.

Well darn, I wish I would have seen this before we left, we got very busy with last minute packing. We actually cancelled our sunset sail on Bora Bora. There were very few Americans/Canadians onboard the second sailing and over half of the ships pasengers didn't speak any English at all (most were French and Spanish), so we decided to back out of the sunset sail. Right now, I can't even remember what the heck we actually did that evening, but I bet cha whatever it was, we had a great time doing it. lol

Archived