Are there "stars" in your eyes when you are looking for a hotel?

Rocket4Oh

I have noticed that a number of travelers base which hotel to book in Europe on the number of stars it is rated. Depending upon your source, most of the time the stars in European hotels are only an indication of amentities and not its quality.

I rely on Tripadvisor reviews when deciding on a hotel. Often the top rated hotels on TA aren't the most expensive or highest rated with regard to stars, but rather they receive high ranking there because they are a combination of nice accommodations, good location and good value.

I have noticed that a number of travelers base which hotel to book in Europe on the number of stars it is rated. Depending upon your source, most of the time the stars in European hotels are only an indication of amentities and not its quality.

I agree that it pays to look beneath the surface in choosing a hotel rather than base your decision on stars. Some two stars, for example, are marked down because they don't have some amentities (such as an elevator) but can be very charming and reasonable. We definitely consider these type of places, especially for short stays.

I have noticed that a number of travelers base which hotel to book in Europe on the number of stars it is rated. Depending upon your source, most of the time the stars in European

hotels are only an indication of amentities and not its quality.

The star value works the same in most cases here in the U.S too. Nothing new for frequent travelers.

Archived