Soft-side carryon or wheeled duffle?

littlesnit

Hi all,

My soft-sided carryon has made its last sea voyage. I'm thinking about replacing it with a wheeled duffle. It seems I may be able to get more packing space with the duffle as Carnival allows carryons up to 24" x 14" (I think) and the length doesn't matter. Anyone switched over to a wheeled duffle and how do you like it?

I travel a lot for work and use a large duffel exclusively.

Duffel's are light weight and hold a lot. On the down side often you clothing is more wrinkled.

Buy a quality duffel. I like REI brand and Columbia. Don't bother with cheap it is not worth it.

I prefer one's with telescoping handles and think "cinch" straps are a must.

I was going to ask about this! Our vacationing up until this cruise has involved camping or driving to Florida to a rented condo, so basically I only have duffel type bags. We were going to buy some luggage, but I know I could pack more into a duffel bag. Is this ok to use or do most people use a suitcase. As for wrinkles, I carry Downy wrinkle releaser...an absolute must!

We use a rolling duffel but if you are flying be careful with packing because it is very easy to go over the 50# limit. When we get to the port we hand it over to the porters. A little too heavy and large to pull through the ship.

Archived