New to Azamara

idaho21

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We left the cruise a little disappointed and thinking that maybe the smaller ships might offer a better experience. We are the kind of folks that have a Cristal and Schramsberg taste but a Korbel budget. I noticed that Azamara Cruises is a sister company to Royal Caribbean. Can anyone help me get to know Azamara better? Is it all inclusive? Can we bring our own alcohol/bev on board? Is it an adult only or adult oriented cruise line? How do our loyalty rewards from RC transfer to Azamara? Any thoughts you have would be great.

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We left the cruise a little disappointed and thinking that maybe the smaller ships might offer a better experience. We are the kind of folks that have a Cristal and Schramsberg taste but a Korbel budget. I noticed that Azamara Cruises is a sister company to Royal Caribbean. Can anyone help me get to know Azamara better? Is it all inclusive? Can we bring our own alcohol/bev on board? Is it an adult only or adult oriented cruise line? How do our loyalty rewards from RC transfer to Azamara? Any thoughts you have would be great.

Hi Idaho21 !

Welcome to the Azamara Board !

While Azamara is owned by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, there is not much similarity to Royal Caribbean. Azamara's ships are much smaller, with outstanding food and service onboard. The 2 Specialty Restaurants are outstanding. Azamara does not have Formal nights, and the Dress is Resort Casual. Entertainment is good, but you wont find Lavish Production shows. They are more like Cabaret Style Shows. Also, Azamara has very limited Smoking areas. They are definitely Adult Oriented, but children are welcome onboard. You are allowed to bring 2 bottles of Alcohol onboard.

Azamara is not all-inclusive. You will find your expenses will be similar to what you would pay for on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Loyalty rewards are reciprocal. You should call Captains Club at 800-760-0654, advise them you have sailed with Royal Caribbean, and you will recieve a Captains Club number, which you can use on Azamara.

Lastly, I recommend visiting Azamara's website : http://Http://www.azamaracruises.com. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. I hope this answers your questions. Enjoy your Cruise !

You are allows to bring 2 bottles of wine (not hard alcohal) per cabin. If you want cocktails in your cabin, you can also order a gift package in advance or on-board. (see their web site, find the gift link at the bottom of the main page.)

The alternative dining rooms only require a $5/person tip.

Archived