Gay "Friendly" ?

garykool81

I hope you can try to put any future offenders in the same category as the overweight, hairy and heavily perspiring guy on our last cruise who walked through the lunch buffet every day with no shirt on, smoking a cigar. In other words, just another jerk.

ROTFL. Glad to have missed that one haha :-)

So sorry to hear that there are some rude and cruel cruisers out there. We live in a liberal neighborhood in a liberal city, so tend to forget that much of the country is very different. As you say, it is enlightening for me to try to see the world from someone else's shoes. Thanks for sharing, I hope you can try to put any future offenders in the same category as the overweight, hairy and heavily perspiring guy on our last cruise who walked through the lunch buffet every day with no shirt on, smoking a cigar. In other words, just another jerk.

Merryecho.. perfect!

Yep, I think I saw that guy once too ;-)

LOL..

Have fun everyone..

Counting the days til' warm days and balmy nights in S. A.

My partner and I were on Regatta in December. The staff and crew were very gay friendly. No FoD meetings were advertised, and we did not try to schedule one so I don't know what Oceania's policy is (Friends of Bill W meetings were advertised daily). On a small ship, you will see just about all the passengers within the first few days of the cruise. Anytime you are with 600 other people, you are bound to find one or two who have issues or who can't open their mouths without saying something stupid. If you want to let that ruin your vacation, that's your loss. The other 99% of the passengers were great and made the cruise very enjoyable for us.

Cruise lines have little control over the words and actions of their passengers. However, an important thing to remember when booking a cruise is that the demographics of the passengers from cruise line to cruise line do vary. The vast majority of Oceania Cruises' passengers seem to be quite gay friendly. It is in the best interest of a cruise line to be gay friendly not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because gay people tend to have more available leisure time and more disposable income than straight people making gays a desirable marketing target group.

Rickey Cruz

wrote in part:

but also because gay people tend to have more available leisure time and more disposable income than straight people ......

Rickey Cruz

LOL..where did you come up with your statistics? man you learn new things everyday..who knew????

LOL..where did you come up with your statistics? man you learn new things everyday..who knew????

Claudia --

Believe it or not, it's actually quite true. Most studies done have shown that gay people as a demographic have more disposable income and tend to vacation more than a heterosexual couple of the same age. This is mostly due to the lack of children, in most cases.

I remember reading a story on this in several newspapers about a year or so back.

Claudia --

Believe it or not, it's actually quite true. Most studies done have shown that gay people as a demographic have more disposable income and tend to vacation more than a heterosexual couple of the same age. This is mostly due to the lack of children, in most cases.

I have read this many times. This is why the tourist industry advertises so to the gay community. It makes sense.

I have read this many times. This is why the tourist industry advertises so to the gay community. It makes sense.

Olivia, a travel company that specializes in lesbian travel, has chartered Silversea's SILVER SHADOW for a week-long "six-star" culinary cruise from Athens to Venice this summer. So yes, it would appear that the GLB community has its share of high rollers.

Archived