Submarine Cayman Islands

marshhawk

This has probably been asked, but I couldn't find a direct thread...Has anyone taken the submarine in the Cayman Islands as an excursion? Frommers says this is one of the best three excursions to take while in Cayman, but I can't seem to find anyone who has done it. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?:D

• 1 month later...

Well I just booked it! There are two times to book, I took the first trip at 8:15 a.m.. You are underwater it says for an hour. A bit pricey but a once in a lifetime adventure. We took the morning because Catmando thinks the waters will be calmer and clearer before everyone gets out and plays in it. Also the Caribbean is noted for afternoon rain showers which would make the seas awfully dark at 100 feet. Has anyone else done this excursion?

my husband and i booked this excursion last year and it was really a neat experience - would i do it again, No - would i want my kids to see it - Yes, - it is worth the money to see it once - just my opinion....

I am not a fan of underwater activities but I really enjoyed this one. I saw things I would never see otherwise. Its very smooth and somewhat comfortable. Not sure I would recommend it if someone were clostrophobic.

And as the others once I did it that was enough and not sure it can be topped again.

100_1021.jpg.2e3ea7da232187eda471e75915494ec4.jpg

100_1034.jpg.0593087785024fbe4276dc656ba5932d.jpg

I am not a fan of underwater activities but I really enjoyed this one. I saw things I would never see otherwise. Its very smooth and somewhat comfortable. Not sure I would recommend it if someone were clostrophobic.

And as the others once I did it that was enough and not sure it can be topped again.

I went on the submarine and had not problem.

Archived