Where Carnival docks & rental cars available ???

Will in sunny FL

Bill,

We just returned from Cozumel (Carnival Holiday) and rented a car from a little independent company called Rentadora Isis. They are located about a block or two from the main square. You'll need to take a cab into town. I found Rentadora on the internet and read their reviews which were very good. We paid $35 for a compact Chevy, standard shif, with air, for the day. What is great is that the rate covers EVERYTHING, including tax, title, license, dealer prep, insurance etc.! There are no hidden charges and no surprises! It was a nice clean car in good repair. This appears to be a little family operation that has been around for many years. Customer service is great!

They have a website where you can reserve your car.

Don't take my word for it. Check out their reviews and website and decide for yourself. I get absolutely nothing for making this suggestion. This is just my 2 pesos worth.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Both times we have gone to Coz, we have rented Jeeps from Alamo at the end of the Puerta Maya pier. They are across the way from Avis......however, you can book on-line and you will find Alamo to be quite a bit cheaper, shop them both out on-line. Since our ship gets in at noon and Alamo closes at 6pm Coz. time (Avis closes at 7 pm I believe) our Jeep rental is quite inexpensive for Dec....$39.60 rental fee + $4.96 tax + $10 for optional personal liability insurance ( which I think everyone should take if you read the stories about Mexican police and accidents in Mexico) for a total of $54.36. Couldn't beat this....Avis was close to $90 for same time frame. This is a great way to get around.

Archived