Visiting Granada from Malaga

2serendip

I will suggest taking cruise excursion if you plan to visit Alhambra. Granada is 2 hours away from Malaga, and the traffic is unpredictable. Moreover, if you plan to visit Alhambra, you need a timed ticket to visit the Nasrid Palaces. You are only given a 30-min time slot to enter the palace. IMHO, it is too difficult to time it just right if you plan to DIY.

• 2 months later...

I did a private tour to Granada with a guide, David Riordan (davidwriordan@gmail.com). We toured Granada, Alhambra, and Fragilliana. The tour was excellent and far more reasonably priced than the cruise ship tour. We saw a lot more than we would have if we had done the cruise tour. He is very flexible so you can plan the tour to suite your particular interests.

Our Windstar ship is offering an excursion from Malaga to Granada. Has anyone done that? Do you have any ideas for a private guide instead of the ship's tour? Thanks!

I just posted to another thread "People on our cruise used this company http://www.guiasgranada.com for private trip to Granada (Alhambra) from Malaga. I didn't go but I think it was 16 pax bus at cost of 50+ euro pp. If you are interested then join the roll call for your sailing and try to put a group together."

Archived