Tampa - AM or PM Flight Problem

cruiserjt

I have booked our return flight to Manchester NH (MHT) for 6:15PM!! - We are cruising on the Legend and now am second guessing this plan. There is another direct flight that leaves at 10:50AM. It seems as though it might be possible - So many have said how easy it is to get off in Tampa and get to the airport. There really aren't any other choices in flights - Boston is not an option because of airport transportation. We are planning to self debark but do have a couple of 6 year DDs us. It is either finding something to do in Tampa all day with the kids (on a budget) or stressing like crazy to get off the ship and make the flight. I value all of your expertise - It is the difference of getting home by 2PM or 9PM with school and work the next day. Would you risk the early flight?

If the ship docks at the normal time and embarkation goes smoothly, you could easily make that flight. You could be off the ship by 8:30 and at the airport by 9. That is usually the case, but occasionally things do happen. Fog, immigration problems, someone doesn't pay there sign n sail bill etc. I personally would take that chance, but my kids are grown and I have been "around the block "a few dozen times.

Mark

I would take the 10:50 flight. Last week, the first people with self-debarkation were let off the ship (Carnival Legend) before 8:00 AM. And that was with a delay because someone with a non-US passport failed to check in with the immigration agents when they were suppose to. There are plenty of taxis outside and it's about 20 minutes to the airport.

Pre-print your tickets on board the night before. Check your bags at the curb. You should have plenty of time.

That is what we did in March out of Tampa. Still had to wait an hour for our flight.

Good luck

Archived