Insurance help

alohadad

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

Haven't you call the Insurance Company yet and asked. I have called them a couple of times when different things have happen just to check. Luckily everything has always worked out and we haven't had to use it yet. But when I have talked to them and asked them questions. They have always been very nice and helpful in every way.

Has anyone had to submit a claim with "Berkley Insurance" for a loss by not being able to make a cruise due to a Heart Attack ?. One of my family members traveling with us on a up coming cruise had one about 4 weeks before our cruise and we canceled and now were hoping to get our money back. The cruise line refunded us about 25% plus all tax's & fee's. Thanks for the help.

Berkley is a co-insurer or secondary insurance. You must file with your primary insurance company if you have one. I have no doubt Berkley will refund the balance is you do not have another insurance company that covers you....

Princess also uses Berkley. On my last cruise my daughter fell on some wet stairs near the pool. I called Berkley, they gave me a claim number and emailed me a claims form. I think the lady said processing time was between 4 and 6 weeks. I was very surprised to receive the check in little over a weeks time... There was no hassle, and they paid 100% of the charges....

Not being sure which Berkley insurance plan you had there could be several different answers to your question. Did the person that had the heart attack have any pre-exisiting conditons that could be traced back to the reason for the heart attack? If not then you should receive a refund of the cost of the cruise that you lost after filing all the necessary papework which I presume you have already done as it does need to be done in a timely fashion.

If they had what would be considered a pre-exisiting condition, then you would not recieve a refund of your money UNLESS you had purchased your insurance in the timeframe to exclude pre-existing conditions and in that case you would receive a refund. The other option is if you had purchased cancel for any reason insurance and in that case you would recieve what ever the percent named in your insurance contract.

Archived