Need some help me planning my day in Curacao

judyf

With spending the evening researeching this port. I have a few questions I'm sure some ccer's can help with. :D

We will be in Curacao on 11/6/09. We are not booking a tour, we're doing this port on our own. Here's were I need help. :rolleyes:

My plan is to do some site seeing, shoping close to ship. Would like to cross the swing bridge. Then we will go to the Sea Aquarium and then Sea Aquarium Beach.

I believe from all I read that this is the same beach as Kontiki or Cabana. Is this true. Are they all the same beach? Where should we get dropped off?

I want to get off the ship, walk to the open air market, and cross the swing bridge. Is this within walking distance? How far? My mother will be with me and she can't walk long distances.

What is rif-roof?

After a ltitle looking around town, we need to get transportation to the Aquarium and beach. How and where can we find trans? How much would it cost? Should we set up a return pick up ahead of time or are there plenty of cabs waiting?

Any tips much welcome, thanks

Hopefully someone can provide you with more exact answers than mine, but here's what I have:

I believe from all I read that this is the same beach as Kontiki or Cabana. Is this true. Are they all the same beach? Where should we get dropped off?

I forget exactly which named beaches are in that little stretch in what order, but they're either the same beach or right next to each other. Cabana is the new name for Kontiki so those two literally are the same beach. Essentially there's a nice stretch of beach around there sheltered by a breakwater with a bunch of little resorts/restaurants/shops all next to each other.

We went about six months ago, were dropped off at Kontiki/Cabana and were pretty happy with our most-of-the-day there, for what it's worth.

I want to get off the ship, walk to the open air market, and cross the swing bridge. Is this within walking distance? How far? My mother will be with me and she can't walk long distances.

We walked it; I couldn't say for sure how far it is but I would say less than a mile from the ship to the bridge but probably not much less. I may be off here.

After a ltitle looking around town, we need to get transportation to the Aquarium and beach. How and where can we find trans? How much would it cost? Should we set up a return pick up ahead of time or are there plenty of cabs waiting?

There will be cabs very near the pier, I believe within sight of where you get off the ship. I don't remember how much it cost, unfortunately. I wouldn't say there are plenty of cabs waiting, but we had no problem getting a return cab immediately from Cabana.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I think I'm set on the beach.

Now I just need to know how to get into town to site see a little and go over the swing bridge and then where to get trans to the Aquarium.

Anyone have some suggestions???

Thanks

Now I just need to know how to get into town to site see a little and go over the swing bridge and then where to get trans to the Aquarium.

The way I remember it is this:

You'll come off the ship, and immediately there's a small market area. On the far side of that (which you'll already be able to see from where you get off the ship) you can pick up a taxi to go to the beach.

Alternately, if you head to the right (or what would be to your right if your back is to the ship), there's a sidewalk that takes you through a small outdoor shopping center. Proceed through that and you'll be able to see the floating bridge.

As you're leaving the ship they'll most likely offer you a mini Curacao-area-near-the-pier map which shows the location of these things as well.

Archived