Question for OhioJames

nunuc2000

We did this cruise last year-- used US money in all ports-- we stayed for few extra days in Santiago --we bought some local currency there at a money exchange--they are all over -- used for restaurants and shopping--hotel took our us charge card and billed us in dollars ( no exchange fee on card).

Big Green

Hi James hello--how are u--pat and i getting ready for a 16 day repo on the

Spirit------I thought you flew from Santiago???

Big Green

Bud

Hi Bud,

Do me a favor email me at jamiebyrd @ gmail.com I have a favor to ask from your Spirit cruise.

We flew from Santiago to Argentina before we went home. I have another 21 day cruise booked in Feb and I can't wait! Too bad you guys won't be there!

Hi James hello--how are u--pat and i getting ready for a 16 day repo on the

Spirit------I thought you flew from Santiago???

Big Green

Bud

I thought he did too... but he's such a world traveller now that it must be hard to keep all those cities straight. ;)

By the way, Big Green, where did you stay in Santiago? Any wineries or restaurants or other attractions in Santiago you could recommend?

thanks,

Celine

Ahhhh... I see James' response... now that explains it! :)

we stayed at the Sheraton thru NCL-- it was fantastic-- NCL arranged transfers

from Valpariso (where the ship pulls in to) to the hotel in Santiago and tehn fromthe hotel to the airport. The Sheraton as a beautiful outdoor breakfast buffet by the pool--it was included in the price of the room.

Big Green

Hi Bud,

Do me a favor email me at jamiebyrd @ gmail.com I have a favor to ask from your Spirit cruise.

We flew from Santiago to Argentina before we went home. I have another 21 day cruise booked in Feb and I can't wait! Too bad you guys won't be there!

James--email on the way--by the way my youngest son (25) lives in New York

City---maybe you can get together when u are there.

Bud

we stayed at the Sheraton thru NCL-- it was fantastic-- NCL arranged transfers

from Valpariso (where the ship pulls in to) to the hotel in Santiago and tehn fromthe hotel to the airport. The Sheraton as a beautiful outdoor breakfast buffet by the pool--it was included in the price of the room.

Big Green

Sounds perfect!!! That's exactly where we are staying and through NCL as well! I knew they provided transportation from the pier to the Sheraton, but I didn't realize they also will get us to the airport - was that by shuttle bus or taxi? I can't wait, and hearing your experince was so good is reassuring. :)

Sounds perfect!!! That's exactly where we are staying and through NCL as well! I knew they provided transportation from the pier to the Sheraton, but I didn't realize they also will get us to the airport - was that by shuttle bus or taxi? I can't wait, and hearing your experince was so good is reassuring. :)

We had a very comfortable bus to the airport-- we used private transp from Valapriso to Santiago because we had hired a private car/tour . Make sure you book the transfers now that you have booked your ticket/hotel. are u using NCL air????

Big Green

We had a very comfortable bus to the airport-- we used private transp from Valapriso to Santiago because we had hired a private car/tour . Make sure you book the transfers now that you have booked your ticket/hotel. are u using NCL air????

Big Green

No, not using NCL air... booked our own air, but booked the Sheraton Convention Centre through NCL. I think that might be the difference for you and I... we get the ride TO the hotel, but to get to the airport a few days later I think we're on our own, which is fine - that's what we had orginally expected anyway. :rolleyes: But hearing about the breakfast buffet out by the pool each morning sounds lovely! :)

No, not using NCL air... booked our own air, but booked the Sheraton Convention Centre through NCL. I think that might be the difference for you and I... we get the ride TO the hotel, but to get to the airport a few days later I think we're on our own, which is fine - that's what we had orginally expected anyway. :rolleyes: But hearing about the breakfast buffet out by the pool each morning sounds lovely! :)

You can get NCL transfers without NCL air. The airport is not close to the the Sheraton-it would be an expensive taxi ride I would think. It is about an hour

and half drive from Valapriso to Santiago.

Big Green

Our taxi ride was about $140 for 4 people if I remember correctly. Do the NCL transfer if they offer it.

And Bud NYC sounds good!

Holy guacamole!! Seriously that expensive??:eek: I will DEFINITELY look into the hotel to airport transfer then... wow!! Thanks for the info guys!

Celine

Holy guacamole!! Seriously that expensive??:eek: I will DEFINITELY look into the hotel to airport transfer then... wow!! Thanks for the info guys!

Celine

NCL offers shore excursions from Valapriso with a drop at your hotel in

Santiago.

Big Green

NCL offers shore excursions from Valapriso with a drop at your hotel in

Santiago.

Big Green

Hmmm... is there maybe a misunderstanding...? I know the ride from Valparaiso to the Sheraton in Santiago is about 2 hours, and that part we've already been told we will shuttled by NCL from the pier to our hotel. But you're saying the ride from the hotel to the airport is also two hours?

Hmmm... is there maybe a misunderstanding...? I know the ride from Valparaiso to the Sheraton in Santiago is about 2 hours, and that part we've already been told we will shuttled by NCL from the pier to our hotel. But you're saying the ride from the hotel to the airport is also two hours?

If I remember correctly it was about a 30-40 min ride in traffic from hotel to airport in bus. I think a taxi was then about $30-35 plus tip from the Sheraton.

I arranged taxis thru the concierge at the Sheraton-- very reasonable rates and reliable.

Big Green

Just looked at my Santiago photos, and sure enough, our Day Stop in Santiago was also at the Sheraton. From what we saw, it is a first class hotel in every way.

Hi Fin...

Do you recall if it was the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Centre, or if it was the Sheraton Four Points that you stopped at? We're staying at the Hotel and Convention Centre. I'm not certain if both hotels are affiliated with NCL, or just the Convention Centre, but I'm happy to hear it gets good reviews from other folks on here. :)

Hi Fin...

Do you recall if it was the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Centre, or if it was the Sheraton Four Points that you stopped at? We're staying at the Hotel and Convention Centre. I'm not certain if both hotels are affiliated with NCL, or just the Convention Centre, but I'm happy to hear it gets good reviews from other folks on here. :)

NCL uses the Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center. That is the one we stayed at --outstanding hotel--I upgraded to a suite when we checked in --it had a private breakfast area etc. Room was excellent--but the breakfast ambiance was great at the pool.

Big Green

Archived