Question on cabin

mayacamas

Hello- My husband and I will be crusing on Millenium in April. We have a question, which is what is the REAL difference between CC and a Sky Suite. For those of you experienced cruisers on Celebrity would you pay the difference?:D

Thanks

Maya

Hello- My husband and I will be crusing on Millenium in April. We have a question, which is what is the REAL difference between CC and a Sky Suite. For those of you experienced cruisers on Celebrity would you pay the difference?:D

Thanks

Maya

Note: the specifics in the following pertains to Millennium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation only. Comparable questions can be raised about others (e.g., Galaxy) and the answers will be different.

This will depend entirely upon WHICH SS and CC cabins are involved. There are variations that are noteworthy in both cases. For example, if one of your options is a CC cabin in the far aft (between the FV cabins, Deck 8 is my personal favorite), although you'll pay the same and it's going to be called a CC cabin, they'll be a bit larger than one along the sides of the ship, with MUCH more space on the veranda (the size of some of the smaller cabins!), and many of us love it back there. As far as that goes, you could opt for a FV cabin in one of the aft corners, get 20 square ft. more cabin than the SS AND get the bigger veranda, and save money over the price of a SS in the process. Hold the butler, I'll take the space! Odds are that your cabin steward will take great care of you in either case.

CC or SS? Either way you get the pastel pink and green towels and the mid-afternoon munchies delivered. Even on longer (e.g., 14 nt. trans-Canal) voyages, we've found the aft CC cabins comfortable enough. The difference always gets eaten up in the wine bill somewhere...

There are little anomolies and variations to be found in just about every cabin class, and it pays to look very carefully at Celebrity's deck plan. Take advantage of them when you can.

Archived