Breakfast on debarkation day question

dballz

So the last few times I have cruised on RCCL and if you want breakfast on debarkation day you have to go to the dining room and the buffet is not open. Is this also true with Carnival? I would much rather go to the buffet since it is quicker and I always noticed that last meal on RCCL that the service went way down and took forever. So can I eat a buffet breakfast on debarkation day?

So the last few times I have cruised on RCCL and if you want breakfast on debarkation day you have to go to the dining room and the buffet is not open. Is this also true with Carnival? I would much rather go to the buffet since it is quicker and I always noticed that last meal on RCCL that the service went way down and took forever. So can I eat a buffet breakfast on debarkation day?

The buffet will be open.

Both buffet and diningroom open for breakfast on Carnival, but the hours for the sit-down breakfast in the diningroom are short on disembarkation day. The hours in the buffet are longer.

Yes - to both dining room and buffet. We have found service in the DR on Carnival to be excellent even on the last morning.

I have never been on an RCI cruise where the buffet was not open on debarkation day...and that includes 4 cruises with them on different ships in the past year.

Maybe it was that the buffet opened too late for us since we did self-debarkation and we were supposed to be up super early for that so main dining room was our only option.

Regarding RCI...The thing is that the buffet breakfast opens either 30 minutes prior to the dining room, or at least at the same time. Really. I've never seen the dining room open before the buffet on debarkation morning and I doubt anyone else on this forum has too. Perhaps you are not reading your Cruise Compass correctly? No ship - regardless of the cruise line - is going to have only an open breakfast in the main dining room on debarkation morning. Think about it for a moment. Think about an average passenger load of 2000 or more. It just doesn't happen.

Perhaps you are talking about the continental breakfast RCI serves in a part of the MDR for diamond (and sometimes platinum) guests on debarkation morning? That can open early since they get priority debarkation.

Regarding RCI...The thing is that the buffet breakfast opens either 30 minutes prior to the dining room, or at least at the same time. Really. I've never seen the dining room open before the buffet on debarkation morning and I doubt anyone else on this forum has too. Perhaps you are not reading your Cruise Compass correctly? No ship - regardless of the cruise line - is going to have only an open breakfast in the main dining room on debarkation morning. Think about it for a moment. Think about an average passenger load of 2000 or more. It just doesn't happen.

Perhaps you are talking about the continental breakfast RCI serves in a part of the MDR for diamond (and sometimes platinum) guests on debarkation morning? That can open early since they get priority debarkation.

I completely agree with this. It would make no sense to force 2,000 - 4,000 people to have a sit-down meal. I've actually never seen the MDR open on debarkation day and have only eating in the WJ.

On my Majesty cruise, I had friends who did express checkout so they left at about 6:30 and I remember them saying they would be in the WJ if I wanted to meet them, at about 6:15.

Interesting!

Archived