Bob Marley tour a bad idea?

jblair

If anyone has done this tour, I would like to know what they think. I read on one thread that this part of their excursion was not a good one but they didn't elaborate on why. I would like to know what you think adn who your tour was with. Thank you so much!

This tour may not be for everyone. It is not a Disney adventure,it is not sanitized for your protection. Bob Marley is considered a highly respected influence on Jamaica. Besides being a great musician who gained world wide fame he embodied the "onelove" philosophy and made a direct impacat on the country of Jamaica and the US. Visiting his home and buriel place can be a very moving event for those in tune with the culture of Jamaica or of reggae music.

True travelers try to experience the actual culture and history of the places they visit. Any traveler to Jamaica should visit the Bob Marley home. There is a a small reggae bar there for visitors to toast to the life and impact of Bob Marley. Most of the tour guides there grew up with Bob, or are of his family. You will see many of the trees, the rock, his doorstep, his one room home which were in his songs.

Go with an open mind and a glad heart. I found this tour to be one of the most interesting places in the Caribbean.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Archived