The October 29th QM2 Trip To Canada

WriteAtSea

I'm not sure if this is (shhh) advertising, but...

My wife and kids and I will be aboard on the October 29th trip to Canada. Partly because it has been too long since our last QM2 trip, partly because Canada is a wonderful place and partly because we will be previewing my new book based on QM2.

So, I was wondering if anyone else will be aboard for this trip. And if there are any plans for a CC get-together during the trip. I saw a post from a CC get-together during a recent trip that looked like a lot of fun!

I will not be lecturing but we will be having a book signing (for two QM2-related books), I just don't know when, yet.

So, who will be aboard?

I'm not sure if this is (shhh) advertising, but...

My wife and kids and I will be aboard on the October 29th trip to Canada. Partly because it has been too long since our last QM2 trip, partly because Canada is a wonderful place and partly because we will be previewing my new book based on QM2.

So, I was wondering if anyone else will be aboard for this trip. And if there are any plans for a CC get-together during the trip. I saw a post from a CC get-together during a recent trip that looked like a lot of fun!

I will not be lecturing but we will be having a book signing (for two QM2-related books), I just don't know when, yet.

So, who will be aboard?

You can find the roll call here and info about the get together here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=599

See you on board! :)

Thanks! Yes, I "voted" for meeting at 10pm on the first night out. And am hoping someone will decide on that as the time to meet.

I noticed you travelled on the Flying Cloud. I was at school for a year aboard two tall ships. AND I have an old painting of the original Flying Cloud. So, I'm a fan of sail.

How did you like her?

You can find the roll call here and info about the get together here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=599

See you on board! :)

Flying Cloud was my "introduction" to tall ships, and that's what got me hooked. Of course Windjammer Cruises is nothing like the tall ships I sail now where you actually work aboard rather than drink rum swizzles.

Which tall ships were you on?

How many times have you been on QM2? This is my first time aboard.

Yep, time aboard a tall ship will hook you... I've never "sipped a drink" on a tall ship, but I can CERTAINLY relate to working one.

I was at a school called Flint School (long since closed) that sailed te Vega and Te Quest. Vega was a 156' gaff-rigger and Quest was a 173' staysail schooner. You can see some photos (and recollections) at www.FlintSchool.com.

My family and I have been aboard five times before, three of them 24-26 day B2B trips from NY with "cruises" nestled between crossings. We like the longer trips and especially the crossings. If you like tall ships, you will LOVE QM2 and you would especially like the Trans-Atlantics because they give you that very strong sense of being at sea.

It would be great to meet you while on this trip! We could actually "swap sea stories" (only possible between tall ships sailors, ya know ;-)).

Flying Cloud was my "introduction" to tall ships, and that's what got me hooked. Of course Windjammer Cruises is nothing like the tall ships I sail now where you actually work aboard rather than drink rum swizzles.

Which tall ships were you on?

How many times have you been on QM2? This is my first time aboard.

Archived