Carriages of Acadia

chiherder

We will be in Bar Harbor on 10/5/09 and have booked a private carriage ride with Carriages of Acadia. Would anyone recommend a particular (reliable) way to get there and back? We are in port from 7 - 7 and our ride is from 2 - 4 PM. I have seen that there are 2 cab companies and a free bus service but I know nothing about the bus routes and where to catch it.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

You could take the Island Explorer free bus (http://www.exploreacadia.com/route4.htm ). You would take bus route #4 to Wildwood Stables where the carriage rides start. As I looked at the schedule, I noticed that this is the only route that does not have the starting point at the Bar Harbor Town Green. I’m assuming that this is a mis-print, a phone call may be necessary ((207) 667-5796) to clarify. Bus route #4 has a bus stop at the stables; but bus route #5 goes near the stables leaving you to walk about .7 mile to the stable. You pick up the IE at the Bar Harbor Town Green which is located on Main St, 2 blocks from the town (tender) dock.

Sorry for the confusion on the routes :(.

We once took the Day Mountain Summit (sunset) ride in mid June and froze our a$$es off :D. You’ll enjoy it.

Archived