Carnival article on consumerist about CCL employees going through luggage

sylvasta

Wow. I wish this cruiser had given more specific information. Such as: What was the position/title of the person conducting the search? As it was disembarkation day, was this person searching their packed suitcases, or was she searching the closets, drawers, etc? If the cruiseline thought that they were lying about the undelivered bottle, it should definitely been handled with more tact.

For this and many more reasons, when I make a purchase in any of the on board shops, I take the merchandise with me to my cabin; including alcohol. How, you say. Simply make your alcohol purchases on the final day of the cruise and they are happy to let you take the purchase with you.

I don't have any problem with them searching a passenger's belongings.

They did make good on the lost wine, with minimal hassle, so why is the person concerned?

There are certainly passengers who would lie to get something for free, and Carnival was just eliminating the people from suspicion. What's wrong with that?

They did make good on the lost wine, with minimal hassle, so why is the person concerned?

There are certainly passengers who would lie to get something for free, and Carnival was just eliminating the people from suspicion. What's wrong with that?

Your kidding I hope. Even if you smuggle booze they ask you to come

down and be present when they search.

I agree that perhaps the room steward was just looking in the drawers, closets, etc. I also wonder if perhaps they were just checking the room to see if the bottles of wine had been left behind? Most of the time people over emphasize what really happened...I kinda doubt that there would be a CCL employee rifling through luggage and personal items. :rolleyes:

No way you are serious....

Not sure I'm buying this one. Sounds like the OP may have left out a thing or two. Could it have happenend? Sure. The employee may have been instructed to look around but may not have received clear direction and took it upon themselves to look through everything in the room, including the occupants' luggage. Many of these people speak English as a second language and there could have been something lost in translation.

However, a few of the responses on consumerist were quite witty and funny!

Archived