Island escape 13/11/09

tuppence

Hi wonder if anyone can help? We are going on an all inclusive:) but have a few worries about drinks as the two men in the party usually have pints and wondered if you can do this as I have read a review that says you have to sign for each drink and only small ones at that. We are NOT big drinkers but it seems a bit of a nuisance if this is true.

thanks

Hi,

I haven`t been on IE yet but I`m booked for next year all inclusive and info I have managed to find is yes pints are available,Stella,Boddingtons and San Miguel and yes you have to sign for all drinks.I also believe if you order 2 drinks they have to be signed for twice ie each person has to sign for their particular drink.

Don`t shoot the messenger if i`m wrong on any of the above

Many thanks for the information about beers and lagers a pint of San miguel will go down a treat with my husband!:) It will be great not to have to a bar bill presented at our departure. Now if we can just have good weather as well.............

Found out a bit more

Apparently you are given a list of whats included when you get on board.

Stella and boddingtons-draught

Spirits are local but you can pay a supplement for brands something like 10 or 20p.

Two ****** of the day which are included others are about £3.50.

Soft drinks out of big bottle but they are brand i.e coke sprite etc if you order a can you have to pay for it

Bottled water by the glass.

tuppence,ignore previous post.Tried to edit it but ran out of time apparently

Found out a bit more

Apparently you are given a list of whats included when you get on board.

Draught Beers- Stella’s, Boddingtons

Becks, Budweiser’se usua, Guinness and Heineken are extra (was £1.55)

All standard Spirits are included, G & T s include Beefeaters, Gordon’s and (Bombay Sapphire on some ships subject to supply) but you can pay a supplement for brands something like 10 or 20p.

Other extra charges can be made on stuff like Baileys, Southern Comfort, Couvousier, Jameson’s, L

Jack Daniels. normally about 90p to £1.25.

Huge choice of C***tails and fruit drinks are included.

Frozen drinks and Martinis as well as Gin, Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, Some Brandies and even Tequila are included.

Soft drinks out of big bottle but they are brand i.e coke sprite etc if you order a can you have to pay for it

Bottled water by the glass. A bottle of Water is charged for but ships water is safe to drink, as it purified on board, so ask waiters for a glass of water at no charge.

Wine by the glass is included but you pay for a bottle, even in the dinning room.

Hot Chocolate, tea, coffee included but some extra on specialty coffees.Having said that tea and coffee is free from one of the eateries all day.

Anyway tuppence let me know on your return so I know what to expect to get when I go next year?

Hi all,

When we were aboard last year there was no trouble ordering pints.I made the mistake in the begining ordering halves but soon caught on.

You will get the slip to sign with the price of the drink on but in the corner it says A.I. to show it's prepaid.

Also, unless Thomsons have changed things, we found once the staff get used to you being together they were quite happy for one person to sign for all of the drinks in an order.

I have posted a full A.I list here somewhere earlier this year. I'll find the link if anyone wants it.

Berwyn

Archived